Guardians of the Timber - Team 11

Discussion in '2017 Deer Contest' started by Marauder, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Alright Guys,

I sent PMs to all that haven't checked in. While we are waiting on them I'll do a quick intro of myself.

My name is Tim. This is the 7th season that I'll be participating in the contest. I live in north central Wisconsin. Our season opens on September 16th. I have spots to hunt in 3 different counties this year. All 3 of these spots are unique and very different then one another. In Oneida county I am on a public bigwoods area that is a 3 mile hike in. I haven't gotten anything this summer on camera (except bears) but there are some giants. In Lincoln county it's a private 50 acre piece that is 15 minutes from my house. It holds a lot of deer. It's more of a doe sanctuary so it's good for shooting mama does and the occasional shooter that is looking for them during rut time. The 3rd location in Marathon county is a transition area. I just set up my stand in this location a couple weeks ago. I still need to get a camera out so not sure what to expect. Overall I have 5 tags to use this season. 2 bucks (gun/bow), and 3 doe tags. I think it's gonna be really exciting and am super pumped! :tu:

torqued60 and Shocker99 like this.
  2. rockinrod12

rockinrod12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in. My name is Rod. I live in southern MN on 75 acres. I hunt a combination of private and public. Also I do population control hunts in the metro area. I do plumbing for a living so I can make my schedule pretty flexible when I need to. That comes in handy during hunting season.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

kjstaudt86, Westfinger and Shocker99 like this.
  3. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ok guys checking in here. Sorry haven't been real active on this site for a while, but I will be now. Ill also vote for marauder to be team captain.

I live and hunt in NY and this will also be my 6th season participating in this contest. I'm hoping to get a doe on opening day and then hopefully ill get a buck later on in the season. My goals this year is to get at least 3 deer down. I really only shoot deer 120" and above but I might shoot a 115 if its been a tough season. I only hunt one 20 acre and another 11 acre piece of property, but the 11 acre property has been a solid producer of monster bucks since i was a little kid. Its nessled next to houses and acres upon acres of apple orchards so the deer get really fat and healthy there. I was also invited to hunt in an area of NY that is a solid producer of big bucks and I might actually take the guy up on his offer. I put all 5 of my cams out on the 5th and ill hopefully be checking it sometime in the next 2 weeks. Ill post any nice bucks that I might hopefully catch. Super excited to get this season started!

kjstaudt86, Westfinger and Shocker99 like this.
  4. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Wisconsin Buckwatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wisconsin Buckwatch checking in..

Westfinger and Shocker99 like this.
  5. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ours starts Oct 1st too here in Illinois. Runs till around Jan 12th-15th .I'm sorry to say that this year I have done wayyy less prep and overall work than I normally do. Just sold our house, trying to decide if we want to build or not and where we want to live etc. so for now I've got the Wifey and kids living with my mom. Yay. :/ Just no dang time between deciding where to live and working 55-70 hrs/wk. The good thing is I've had some neighbors scouting for me and there are some good bucks in the area. Sometimes it's better to just sneak in there when it's time and leave the pressure off of them for now anyway. That's a beautiful mount by the way. Where at in MO did you get him?

kjstaudt86 likes this.
  6. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    One day I hope have a job with a flexible schedule haha. The only thing I have going for me now is that in a few more years I'll have 6-1/2 weeks time off and in 5 more I'll have 7-1/2. Nice to meet you Rod. Are you close to Rochester? I will probably be up the hunting geese this December

7. rockinrod12

rockinrod12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's some pretty good vacation time if you ask me. I'm a little over an hour away from Rochester. Some of the public land I hunt is over in that area though. You'll have fun goose hunting there. I went goose hunting once in Rochester area there's lots of birds.

8. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    He was taken up near Bethany. Should be headed back up there the first week of Nov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. WiRutJunkie

WiRutJunkie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, sorry for being late to the party. My name is Mark and I live and hunt in SW Wisconsin. Looking forward to this year and I have a few good bucks running around my property I hope to wrap my tag around. Good luck guys! FB_IMG_1502571733553.jpg FB_IMG_1502571729610.jpg FB_IMG_1499524130732.jpg

10. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Nice to meet you Mark. Man that last one is WIDE! Super nice bucks.

11. WiRutJunkie

WiRutJunkie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, yeah that wide one is a deer that was very visible last year. Hopefully he continues that behavior this year and I can get him in bow range.

Shocker99 likes this.
  12. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What would you guys do? As of yesterday one of my best friends decides that they are going to do a gender reveal for his first born baby. Kicker is he decided to do it on opening weekend here in TX, at 630pm ... Our opener starts Sept 30th, the same day as his reveal. Right in the middle of prime time. He apologized for scheduling on opening weekend but totally killed the vibe that you get for staying at camp all weekend. So would you make the hour and half drive back home that afternoon or stay in the stand. Is it bad I want to be in the woods more than that reveal haha?!

13. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    I think all these events that surround pregnancies and weddings etc. have gotten wayyy out of hand. If you've had this planned for awhile I would just explain to him. I would never miss a wedding or holiday get together or family members b-day (especially the kids) for hunting but geez, a gender reveal party??? Come on. Next will be a shower. I guess if you think it means a lot to your buddy to be there I would go but I know none of my buddies would give two craps if I had a reason like opening day :tu:

Dunn County likes this.
  14. kjstaudt86

Dislikes Received:
    Me and my buddy were pissed. We look at opening weekend of bow season like the same as if people who are hunting rifle on opening weekend. We tried to get him to reschedule to at least noon or something that day but he didn't budge.:confused:

15. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This! All of that stuff is ridiculous here lately. We seen my son on the screen then text family members that needed to know lol. No need to have a party for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitetailjunky3 and Shocker99 like this.
  16. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    If that is me, I'm going hunting. No need to change your plans on something you can see through a video on Facebook once you are done hunting. And your buddy should be understanding about it in my opinion. :tu:

Shocker99 likes this.
  17. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    Since we have mostly everyone here, we could start thinking up team names. Here are a couple that come to mind that we've had over the years.

Rack Attack, Nocked Up, Nock Stars, Bucked Up, Booner Patrol, Buck Lives Matter, Treestand Assassins.......

18. whitetailjunky3

whitetailjunky3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hunting definitely! The baby will either be male or female you going won't change that lol

kjstaudt86, OK/Sooner and Shocker99 like this.
  19. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:

Nightmare on Mossy Oak Street
    Bubbly Blood Trailers
    The Punctured Lungers

Or on a more serious note

Primal Instinct

Thats all I got for now :tu:

20. kjstaudt86

Dislikes Received:
    If we all shoot mechanical:
    The mechanical assassins

I like that tree stand assassin mentioned above.