Autumn Rising--TEAM 25

Discussion in '2017 Deer Contest' started by patmcm129, Aug 14, 2017.

1. patmcm129

patmcm129 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Patmcm129 Checking in!

Team 25-
    Bone Head Hunter
    bry2211
    Galen
    MUDSHARK
    NEB Bucks
    Noel8998
    Oldcarp
    patmcm129
    T FERG
    Tynimiller
    Usmcbuckking
    Wiscohunter

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    tynimiller and Galen like this.
  2. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Galen checking in from Ohio !!

MUDSHARK likes this.
  3. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well well well....see some familiar faces (names) on the list. Not a bad collection from the fellas I do know and hopefully lot of involvement from those I don't recognize yet. I'll start the introductions off:

Name is Ty Miller (Tylan) and I reside and hunt nearly 100% of the time in Northern, Indiana. Have 5 different properties but only 3 different areas (different deer herds) I'll be chasing like always. I'm typically good for a doe for sure at some point and lately been good for a 120+ incher...but having used a tag the last few years I may hold out a touch more this year...we shall see. I have won this contest before and happily admit I am known to think up some creative names from other languages (Native American and such...).

Some here know me as the Small Acre Hunting guy. A site that started as a blog and now has a Facebook page, website and youtube videos on pretty much everything deer hunting related. I do some habitat consultations as time allows, and recently purchased my very own land (22 and change acres) last year and have been slamming it with improvements and planning more.

For a real job I work in the real estate assessing world, appraisal reviews and valuation analysis is my daily job...after hunting season I'll be becoming a full fledge state licensed Commercial/Industrial appraiser.

Anything else just ask, very open book kind of guy.

I'll share some bucks in future posts after everyone checks in.

MUDSHARK likes this.
  4. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    patmcm...as we go, since you posted the original post. Click Edit post and track who has checked in and hasn't with either bolding folks and writing checked in next to it or both (typically easiest to see). This will allow us to know who we need to reach out to in the near future about getting to the thread.

Also if you haven't already click the subscribe to thread option at the top fellas, this keeps you abreast to the team news.

Those that have been with me before know I typically will do team update messages every couple weeks or so to messages. This encourages involvement, keeps everyone up to date and is a solid reminder to stay active.

MUDSHARK likes this.
  5. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    MUDSHARK is in the house. Chris is my name, I hunt NW PA. I have permission to hunt several farms. The biggest track of land is 305 acres, 135 acres and 105 acres. The 135 and the 105 are separated by a dirt road. Then there a piece of about 85 acres. I am usually good for a doe (50) pts. Bucks are usually 85 to 110.

I will be on here more as I retired from the PA state Police this past January. So I will be in the woods more, hopefully the buck will be bigger than in years past. I shot the first good opportunity I had. Now I have more time. Huh!!!!!!!!!!

Josh/OH and tynimiller like this.
  6. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  7. bry2211

bry2211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bry2211 (Bryan Profitt) checking in.
    I primarily hunt the family farm of just over 100 acres in south eastern Ohio. I just went scouting public land in Kentucky this past weekend so I'm going to get the season started early. (SEPT 2!) Ohio season comes in Sept 30th and I have some pretty nice bucks on our property. Im hoping to get a doe in Kentucky and possibly a velvet buck. Still having trouble deciding where to set my standards on an out of state velvet buck though.

You can count on me for a doe for the contest. I've been having trouble chasing the same buck for the past three years so I cant promise anything there but if I can make it happen it will be worth it.

Good luck to all and I cant wait to get started.

tynimiller and MUDSHARK like this.
  8. USMCbuckking

USMCbuckking Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    tynimiller and MUDSHARK like this.
  9. Noel8998

Noel8998 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Noel8998 checking in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tynimiller, MUDSHARK and jfergus7 like this.
  10. pastorandrew

pastorandrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know this guy, but i like him! tiny ty miller, not so sure about, I see they had to come up with a team for the final hunters picked, to my surprise, well maybe not tynmiller is in here! lol ok just talking smack! he really does know his stuff. Good luck to you guys!

MUDSHARK and tynimiller like this.
  11. Wiscohunter

Dislikes Received:
    Any name ideas anyone? I'm terrible with creative names of any kind.

12. T FERG

T FERG Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    T FERG checking in. My name is Scott Buechel i reside in northern wi were the deer herd is pretty thin. I am a master marine technician and have been setting up my work life so i have plenty of time to hunt. I work from april to right about halloween then its time to hunt. I also have been a licensed guide in wi and il for several years. I outfit bear hunters in northern wi, guide for an outfitter in soutern il most of nov and do ice fishing guiding all winter in northern wi. I always kill some does for the freezer so that wont be a problem. I usually hunt one week in west central il before heading to so il. I hunt mostly public land in so il and have chased some good ones but never killed a big one yet. Hope to change that this year. This is a couple public land bucks i have chased. STC_0020.JPG STC_0087.JPG

bry2211, MUDSHARK and tynimiller like this.
  13. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I got some tucked away and will share soon.

14. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have checked in already but I guess I should have introduced myself as well!
    My name is Galen Hochstetler, I am 21 years old and I'm from Ashland Ohio.. .. Sometimes it seems I eat sleep and breath this hunting lifestyle! I have a full time job and am lucky to be flexible and hunt quite a bit, (Love my job) I have 3 leases and also hunt allot of public land that I have found over the years,

Hopefully I can get a doe down nice and quick and focus on wrapping my hands around some antlers :)
    Headed out first of next week for a little bit of archery elk hunting in Colorado

15. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bone Head checking in...

My name is Tony and I have been bow hunting for 40+ years. I live in southern Indiana and hunt in Jennings, Jackson and Bartholomew counties. My wife, daughter and SIL hunt with me on my family farm and lease properties. I put a lot of time and effort into my hunting.

Good to see some familiar names and proven killers on the team. Lets ROCK this thing!

I got a few bucks to chase around this year and hope I can get one of them down.

Here are a couple that have caught my eye!

bully.jpg OhBOY.jpg

16. USMCbuckking

Dislikes Received:
    TEAM 25, hi my name is Rae I'm hunting and living in New Hampshire, I'm a Iraq vet " Marine" if there any other vets on our team thanks for your service, I look forward to this season and sharing it with our team, big hi and thanks to Klucky outdoors adventure and auto lock broad heads .

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

17. patmcm129

patmcm129 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Think I got everyone highlighted that has checked in so far.

Name is Patrick. Hunt in Delaware on a couple hundred acre lease. Should be good for a doe pretty quick. Our season opens September 1 here. Just hung cameras about two weeks ago, so we'll see what are working with in a couple weeks.

Good luck to all.

18. USMCbuckking

Dislikes Received:
  19. Wiscohunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone. My name is Brian. I bow hunt on roughly 200 acres of land in the south central part of Wisconsin. For work I manage and work for a wholesale tire distributor. Last year I shot a doe and a buck that scored 120. I have a few really solid bucks on cam and one really nice one. Looking forward to getting to know everyone a little better.

IMAG0038.JPG IMAG0049.JPG 04200240.JPG

MUDSHARK, bry2211 and tynimiller like this.
  20. USMCbuckking

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    Big hello and thanks to Mark and the boys at auto lock, guys if u get a chance check out the damage the broad heads do, awesome product .

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

TheHuntsman15 likes this.