XOP vs LONE WOLF

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Jrob140, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Jrob140

Jrob140 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I believe I've finally narrowed my run and gun hang on options to these two. I know they are practically the same stand but is there any difference I'm missing other then seat and price tag? Thanks in advance! Also if I choose the XOP would the lone wolf easy hang hook work for it as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. Planopurist

Planopurist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't believe the LW easy hook will work with XOP. They have different vertical post construction. XOP has a easy hang version of their own. I ended up choosing the XOP Vanish over the LW Assault. I have yet to use it though. Price was my final motivation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrob140 likes this.
  3. the g1

the g1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I owned a lone wolf sit and climb and sold it to buy the lone wolf hang on and sticks. After a month I decided I wanted both set ups, so I bought the xop climber. The xop straps and buckles are not as good. The xop also flexes a lot more and does not unfold very well. After having the sit and climb the xop climber feels cheap. I weigh 190lbs and the upper section twist enough side to side that I get nervous climbing up.

Jrob140 likes this.
  4. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the xop silver and I also have LW alpha. They are both great stands but the LW is just a little better design and packability. The seat on the xop is more comfortable but that doesn't hold a lot of weight w me. I stand 80% of the time anyway. If money is tight I'd go w xop OR.... like I did, find a lightly used LW on Craigslist or other classifieds. I got never used Alpha with 5 used once sticks and the upgraded back pack straps for I think $350

Jrob140 likes this.
  5. parkersdad

parkersdad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've never owned XOP but I'm a huge Lone Wolf fan. If you're tight on money I guess XOP will work but I'm willing to pay for American labor and an American product.

Jrob140 likes this.
  6. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you are going with a run and gun setup, would you be better served with the off set bracket? Not knowing which tree you are going in each time, you may want as many options as possible. I believe either stand would be similar related to off set bracket use. Easy hang is different and might influence which stand you choose. LW has a proven ezhang and XOP I read, can get a bit wedged however, offers different angles.

I have both XOP and LW. Both good stuff.

Tribeck, Planopurist and Jrob140 like this.
  7. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I believe: LW made in USA. XOP made over seas.

tkarrow, TheHardWoods913 and Jrob140 like this.
  8. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Lone Wolf over XOP for me, rather pay a little more for a superior product any day of the week. I love all my LW's and have zero regrets with any of them!

tkarrow and Jrob140 like this.
  9. pernat

pernat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Either way you can't go wrong. I bought 4 xop hang on stands and love them. I also have a few lone wolfs and they are great but when I went to buy new stands I could not pass up the xop because the price.

10. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have 2 lone wolf sit and climbs and just bought the alpha 2 hang on and 2 sets of 4 sticks. I love my pak o wolves. However my original 20yr old sit and climb has a much beefier casting than the new alpha. Even so I wouldn't trade my wolves for any other stands. My 20yr.old sit an climb works as good as the first day I took it out of the box.

Jrob140 and pick00l like this.
  11. mississippi hoyt shooter

mississippi hoyt shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a lone wolf sit and climb and love it but got a killer deal on the xop and for the price I love them have 5.

12. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    LW!

tkarrow likes this.
  13. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I think we've had this discussion every year for the last 3 or 4 years now. :lol: With the exception that one is made in the US and one is made overseas, they're basically the same product minus a few details. They're both light weight, versatile, packable and quiet. I feel like the Lone Wolf has a better seat as it packs down slimmer and folds up against the tree better. However I do like the slight "curve" that XOP has on their climbing stick steps for those muddy days. You can pick them apart feature by feature and I'm not sure there is a clear winner either way.

Now speaking from experience I know my Lone Wolf stands will hold up to anything I can throw at them, and will last me a lifetime with proper care. I still own and use the first Lone Wolf stand I ever bought almost 14 years ago, and it works as good today as it did then. I also know I can pick up the phone, call Lone Wolf, and someone will answer. They'll be there to stand by their product, offer support, sell replacement hardware, and so on down the line. XOP may do the same, but I've never had to personally call them. Perhaps others can speak to this.

Spending upwards of $400 to $500 on a treestand and set of climbing sticks is a large investment. It's always best to consider all sides before making your purchase.

Jrob140 likes this.
  14. parkersdad

parkersdad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    From what I've heard certain times of the year mainly hunting season you cannot get a hold of XOP. I've tried calling them twice to ask a question and never got anyone.

Jrob140 likes this.
  15. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I used the offset bracket, then a loop of paracord through the bracket so I could still hang it on the EZ hook. I didn't use it for weight support just to hang it while I got the straps on it. It freed up both of my hands by allowing the stand to hang.

I like LW products. The XOP stuff is nice but I like to buy made in the US products when I can. Just my personal choice.

16. cant

cant Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I own a LW Alpha and an XOP Vanish XT. I think the LW is better made and way more comfortable. Although they are different sizes so to compare may be a moot point. I will say this, I would buy both stands again as both of them are light years ahead in quality than most other brands out there. Any one own both brands of sticks? I would like to hear any opinions on them. I use LW sticks but I use Hawks for the top sticks so I have double sided steps. I need another set and wanted to hear.. Any opinions would be great!

17. cant

cant Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I own a LW Alpha and an XOP Vanish XT. I think the LW is better made and way more comfortable. Although they are different sizes so to compare may be a moot point. I will say this, I would buy both stands again as both of them are light years ahead in quality than most other brands out there. Any one own both brands of sticks? I would like to hear any opinions on them. I use LW sticks but I use Hawks for the top sticks so I have double sided steps. I need another set and wanted to hear.. Any opinions would be great!

18. Planopurist

Planopurist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought an XOP Vanish XT. The I-Beam seat post seems like a good concept, and I wanted the more cushioned seat as well. I'm leaning towards XOP sticks, which seem to have a few added features the give them the edge to me. Customer service (if required) would concern me being that XOP is a smaller company.

Ultimately, it came down to price for me.

pick00l likes this.
  19. rainbowjack

rainbowjack Newb

Dislikes Received:
    not sure where you are located butI have a LW hand climber II about 3 years old I am gonna sell. A back injury doesnt let me use a climber anymore. They are great stands for mobility and quiet. I am in southern Mich

20. Bowbunter k-32

Bowbunter k-32 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like my lone wolf assault ll and set of for climbing sticks and hand climber. Can't beat the quality and plus a USA made product.