Professional scoring

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by bowhunt4abuck, May 17, 2017.

1. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm curious as to what the process is to become a Boone and crocket and pope and young scorer is. It's something I have always been interested in because I have always loved to see other people's trophies as well as my own. I shot a buck a couple years ago and have yet to be able to get the local guy to come score it for a official scoring. It's not a big deal because I don't need to be justified in the deer but it makes me want to become a scorer that much more so the area can have one. Does anyone have any information for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. DVO

DVO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Usually you have to go to the scorer and they don't come to you. At least from what I have read and been told.

Both the P&Y and B&C websites should have links as to how you become an official scorer.

3. bowhunt4abuck

Dislikes Received:
    I have been in contact with the guy he just never seems to be available, which is fine scoring my deer doesn't have to be high on anyone's list. It's still something I'd like to do. I was just hoping to get some firsthand experience on what's required and what it's like to become one from hopefully some people on here.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Check out the two organizations webpages, better info there than speculation.

bowhunt4abuck likes this.
  5. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I took my buck to get it scored this year and ask the guy about becoming one. If I remember he said it wasn't hard to be a P & Y scorer. But to be B & C score is alot harder. They don't just let anyone do it. And he had to fly out to the head quarters and take 3 -5 days of classes. I think there standards high and want to make sure they are the best. If I remember correctly most of the other organizations you just sign up. Also you suppose to do it for free, so you really want to love scoring antlers.

bowhunt4abuck likes this.
  6. bowhunt4abuck

Dislikes Received:
    All that is fine with me, thanks for the info