Bow sight opinions

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by JHasty, May 17, 2017.

1. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys just wanted to get some opinions to see if it can help me decide of a new sight for my bow. I was shooting a Trophy Ridge React 5 but my bow exploded on me the other day and destroyed my sight. I really loved the simplicity of sighting it in so I was thinking about going back with the react sights but going with the Pro version since its metal. The two issues I am running into is do I want to go with the 5 pin like I had before or try the 1 pin model and the other is the yardage system. I really like the idea of having only one pin to deal with but on the other hand where I hunt ( behind my house ) the longest distance I am probably going to shoot is 40 to 45 yards so is it a waste to have sight that can shoot out to 100 yards ? The other side to that is I was looking at the HHA sight and I really like their sights with the wheel adjustment because you can adjust the yardage in 1 yard increments. Has anyone ever had the issue when using a 1 pin and being at full draw and having to let down and adjust the yardage due to an animal coming closer or moving further out. If you have used one or the other and could give me some pros and cons of the sights I would greatly appreciate it!

2. zachd

zachd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Why not got a 3 pin adjustable? Less clutter than a 5 pin more practical in my opinion for hunting especially in your situation. Still able to adjust for long range shots if you go out west or shooting at the range but the ease of not really having to adjust for hunting for whitetail. Black Gold makes one as does HHA

JHasty likes this.
  3. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    3 pin never even crossed my mind but now that you mention it may not be a bad idea. Thanks zachd for your input!

4. killer chill-r

killer chill-r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Check out the Axcel Accu Touch for a single pin. I really like mine. It has clicks, so when you get it set up you don't even have to look at the tape. You can set the clicks for 20,30,40,50 & 60. You can also dial it past that with tapes. Adjustable in 1 yards increments. I switch over from HHA mainly because with this sight you don't have to twist the bow to see the tape & adjust. The sight tape is on the arrow side of the bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

JHasty likes this.
  5. Hogs need lovin too

Hogs need lovin too Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I buddy of mine is switching from a 1 pin back to multi pin. He missed a shot last year because he forgot to adjust for yardage

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

JHasty likes this.
  6. CToutdoorsman

CToutdoorsman Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I went from the react to the HHA and love it I have been practicing with my pin set at 25 and compensating out to 35 yards it takes a little bit to get used to it but once you get it down its not bad!!

JHasty likes this.
  7. Bow Diddley

Bow Diddley Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm shooting a TR Fix 5 and while I like it, I need something with .010 pins. CT, why'd you dump the React?

JHasty likes this.
  8. zachd

zachd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    sights-ascent-hero.png
    Ya the three pin adjustable is the best of both worlds still have the static 3 pin and you can adjust yardage and you just use the bottom pin when you do

JHasty likes this.
  9. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Trophy ridge makes a react trio pro...if you want to stick with the react tech
    I stuck with my pro 5 pin as its lighter on one bow and a 3 pin MBG ascent on my other
    I've had single pin sliders in the past and with practice you can learn to hold over or under with a single pin without adjusting yardage, but...
    I like the 3 pin slider the best

JHasty likes this.
  10. thomas1335

thomas1335 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    JHasty and kspseshooter like this.
  11. Ranch Fairy

Ranch Fairy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    EZVsight.com
    Crazy Intuitive. No yardage estimation.

JHasty likes this.
  12. Anthony2991

Anthony2991 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My buddy also had this problem lol

JHasty likes this.
  13. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    HHA Single pin. I was hesitant about a single pin, but love this thing. I like the smallest diameter pin (.010). You have to pay attention to details when setting up, but well worth the time to do correctly, plus you have a good excuse to shoot your bow. Took me two days to sight in, I was not happy with my 60-yard groups, I never really shot 60 prior to this but now I can group fairly well. I shot way too much during day one, I swear I shot at least 120 arrows in those two days.
    I leave mine set at the 25-yard and feel comfortable out to 35 without adjusting.
    Fun tip: make sure you mark where your 20 yard is, my dum bass put the 30-yard mark on the 20 and had to start all over again. More shooting!!!
    http://www.hhasports.com/

Not trying to sell in this area, but I have Spott Hogg 5-Pin I'd let go pretty cheap if you want.
    https://forums.bowhunting.com/threads/spot-hogg-real-deal-w-hogg-wrap.88271/

JHasty likes this.