Camo

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by ksWThntr, Apr 16, 2017.

1. ksWThntr

ksWThntr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm looking to add to my hunting closet this summer. Looking for something to wear for elk in CO. I don't need to spend a fortune on Sitka or the like, but who here has Kings Camo or Predator setup? How are they for durability and comfort?

2. BrassMonkey911

BrassMonkey911 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Been looking at a bunch of this stuff lately. It all seams pretty stout with the technologies coming out in materials now a days. I think I'm gonna be one of those mut's out there. My ensemble is gonna be a mix a Kuiu on the bottom and ASAT on top. The only reason I narrowed it down to those guys is all the YouTube info I found on the stuff plus Kuiu is about a 45 minute drive from me to try it on. just couldn't get sold in Kings, Predator, UA, Onca Gear, or SKRE. SKRE was the only one I found that had a couple bundles to offer. Another thing I found is some of these companies are making sizes in an Athletic cut.

3. ksWThntr

ksWThntr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a little long legged, so it's tough for me to find pants with enough length. Thanks for the input.

4. bigfootcali

bigfootcali Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ksWThntr and BrassMonkey911 like this.
  5. BrassMonkey911

BrassMonkey911 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for this!!! Looking for stuff Made in USA and they say they are. Lightweight stuff in a backgroung in athletics, looks like they are gonna have some stout gear, plus all their stuff is on their spring sale right now.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  6. bigfootcali

bigfootcali Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  7. TKP030

TKP030 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought some First Lite last year for muley hunts and the stuff was incredible kept me warm in the mornings and was breathable enough so i didnt over heat in the midday.

8. ksWThntr

ksWThntr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for this, I may go with them.

BrassMonkey911 likes this.
  9. realunlucky

realunlucky Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've worn most of the big name stuff and I'm currently testing some SKRE gear. It compares very well with the big players but has a touch more length in the jacket sleeves and the inseam on the pants which is huge if your taller. I'll be running the SKRE all season as it's local here in Utah and I like trying to support local business plus it's been dang impressive. Hip vents in the pants pocket venting jacket has pit zips it's amazing how these simple additional zippers can extend the comfortable temp range truly spring through fall setup

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

10. camoguy123

camoguy123 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi I'm from Massachusetts and design my own camo. Id love to show you guys and I've tried to attach it here but it wouldn't allow me, said wrong file type but the file type was what it recommended. hmm

11. camoguy123

camoguy123 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys, Im from massachusetts and design my own camo. My designs are copywrittng, and have pattents as well so Id like to get opinions on it. I use the hoodies for both archery and Turkey and my son and I as well as friends are very successful and love how it looks in the woods. Please send feedback. Thanks

Attached Files:

12. BrassMonkey911

BrassMonkey911 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So I pulled the trigger on Game Gear. I'm 5'9", 180. They are running their Spring Sale at 15% off but I found "GAMEGEAR2017" code that gave me 30%off. The Merino Wool base layer is super soft and fits snug (athletic) but not uncomfortable and the Merino T-shirt is extra long so it wont untuck. The Catori shirt and pants are pretty light and stretchy. I'll put them through the paces to see how tough the material is. I wear 33x34 wranglers so the Medium size pant fit the best. originally had a Large and they were way too big falling off my hips. The length of the pants are very generous so tall people have nothing to worry about length. I sent back the Tala pants, way to loud when I walked in them. I liked the Tala vest the best, little more athletic, but they are sold out of the Large size right now so I got the Tahki vest. The Tahki is "puffi-er" than the Tala vest. Tahki is designed more for insulation. The large vest fits very well over the Catori shirt. If I also throw on the Kosa hoodie over the shirt and put the vest over that, still very comfortable. So I put all the stuff on and threw on my Alpz pack to see how it would feel, pretty comfortable ensemble.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  13. btindall

btindall Newb

Dislikes Received:
    www.gulchgear.com
    We manufacture our camouflage apparel in Oregon using all american components. Stop by and check us out. 25% OFF this week plus Free Shipping, site wide Father's Day Sale.

Gulch_Gulch-Gear.jpg

BrassMonkey911 likes this.
  14. kentuckybuck

kentuckybuck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looking for a top and bottom for 65 degrees and warmer , up to 85 degrees. I hate the thought of spending it but heard a lot of good things about both Sitka and First Lite. If Sitka I would look at the new Subalpine, just wanted to see if anyone has used either or both and what your thoughts on them are. Is it worth the money? It would be something I would want to use for some years down the road. Thanks. I also like the look of the Gulch gear also, definitely a possibility.