Exercise & Fitness Thread

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by rybo, Aug 3, 2010.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It took me 3 months, but Ive lost about 10 lbs of flab. Finally broke the 225lb mark and started running again on some trails. I need to lose about 10 more lbs and that will do it for the fat.

2. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Started doing Paleo about 6 weeks ago and walking about 10-15 miles 4 days a week at work. I lost about 25 lbs. And still could lose another 20 easy. Although its the 20 that've never been able to shed. It's a good friend thats been with me through the thick and thin LOL

3. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't even know this thread existed.

It would have saved a bit of trouble last year if I'd known. Anyway, I've stopped posting anything ANYWHERE regarding running progress. :)

I sure have made progress the last couple of years, though. :tu:

4. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lost 23 lbs from January 2nd to March 6th. 3 pounds away from my lightest ever and 7 from my goal weight.

I try to go 6 days under 38 carbs, 2200 calories with 1-2 workouts. Follwed by 2 days of normal eating and repeat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MnHunterr, ybohunt and pastorjim08 like this.
  5. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats!!

6. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    jeez you must have some Christmas hams as quads after doing 100 lunges straight.

7. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great Job! Whats your plan when you reach your goal weight?

8. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Moderation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

9. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You bring up a good point. After reaching my goal over a year ago I sometimes think it's almost as hard to stay here as it was to get here. At times I find myself wanting to go back to eating the way I did before. But then I remember all the hard work it took to get to where I am. Here's one thing I figured out; YOU CAN"T OUT EXERCISE YOUR DIET! Unless you have the time and energy to work out 6hrs a a day, you still have to keep track of how and what you are eating. Yes, you will be able to consume more than when you were trying to lose but you still have to be careful that you don't fall back in to bad habits. Here's something that helps me to maintain, figure out your BMR, That's your basal metabolic rate. That's the amount of calories it takes just to maintain your body's functions. You can find BMR calculators on Google. Once you figure that out, you can adjust your activities and calorie intake to be able to lose or maintain your weight.

Blessings...........Pastorjim

Jeepwillys, Woods and Westfinger like this.
  10. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    I heard something tonight as it relates to weight loss and I really think it's worth a share. "When it comes to a weight loss program, persistence, not perfection gets it done." If you're out there trying to lose weight and you mess up, don't let a slip become a fall. Get right back on the horse the next meal.

Blessings...........Pastorjim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

11. Jeepwillys

Dislikes Received:
    I dropped a total of 55 lbs. 230 down to 175 in about 5 months. I lost the first 30 pretty quick and kind of hit a plateau. We introduced a cheat day and that kick started my metabolism again. Ive been holding between 175-180. My wife and I both feel terrific. Not sluggish and uncomfortable. Cutting the grains out has made the biggest difference to me. I didn't realize that I actually had an allergy to grains. Paleo "our version anyway" has been the easiest diet to maintain. I hesitate to call it that because it doesn't feel like it. Wish I'd would've done it years ago.

Shocker99 likes this.
  12. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    It is extremely easy to maintain, the hardest part for me is social eating, i love going out and getting beers and food.

Im eating tons of cauliflower rice, salads, shrimp, steak, chicken and cheese.

Jeepwillys likes this.
  13. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I'm having issues with. Been working out roughly the last 3 weeks preparing for a trip to Mexico next week. I do excellent Monday-Thursday, but the weekends kill me. I'm still down 9lbs in roughly 20 days (171lbs to 162lbs).

I did this same thing last year before my trip but quit going to the gym when I got back... Not this year. Going to keep at it but put more emphasis on weight training than a strict diet/weight loss.

14. Woods

Woods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You guys/gals that lose more than 8 pounds a month do you have baggy skin after the weight loss? I read somewhere to not lose more than 8 lbs a month or else your skin that's stretched out from the fat won't have time to shrink back to normal. Any thoughts on this? I've got 40 lbs to lose and am going to take it slow cause of this. Like 5 lbs a month slow cause I'm worried about it.

15. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    From Feb '15 to Dec '15 I lost 90lbs. The first 45 was lost in the first 3 months. Then since Dec '15 until now I have lost another 15lbs. I am in my 60s and I wouldn't say that I have very much loose skin. The most I have noticed is on my inner upper thighs. I think if you weight train at the same time the loose skin will be less of a problem.

Blessings..........Pastorjim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Woods likes this.
  16. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    I had the opposite. I had stretch marks from getting fat too quickly...LOL

Woods likes this.
  17. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just found this thread ironically, I am down 13-14 lbs since the beginning of the year and I have about 37 more to go before elk season!

18. Jeepwillys

Dislikes Received:
    Like Jim said incorporate some weight training and the muscle placement will make up for some of the fat loss. But truth be told, the way i feel physically and mentally, more than makes up for some saggy skin and stretch marks. LOL
    If your plan is working just stick to it.

Woods likes this.
  19. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Time to get back on the train. I haven't touched a weight in 2 yrs since my hernia surgery (bad blowout). I lost 45-50 lbs doing nothing but following paleo. I have gained back a bunch of weight cause I switched shifts at work and it threw off my whole schedule and routine.... it makes it a lot harder to cook and prep meals when my work hours now come with being mr. mom. All I do is run the kids around now! Wouldn't have it any other way though :) I'll figure it out quick or I'll be buying bigger pants again soon! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

20. Lovehunt11

Lovehunt11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have about 5 months for Idaho Elk hunt trip. I like not losing weight but gain more muscle weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwoBucks likes this.