Where was the media the last 8 years?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Afflicted, Feb 16, 2017.

1. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, put down humor is top shelf. So rare and unique you can find it on grade school playgrounds anywhere, Usa. But its pap for all whiny baby's whose crooked lying POS candidate got smoked...utterly rejected by the traditional democratic taken for granted voters who'd had enough of Joanne stewie and stephanie coleblurt's politics.

I hope those girls and waters and peblowmi and fauxcahontas all keep talking.

Stewie and joanne coleblurt are liberals with anal-cranial impass syndrome. They are only funny if one's pinkie is reflexively raised when sipping mocha docha frappe crappe latte, wearing cords, birks, and manicures. You know...limousine liberals grown brain dead from narcisism, humanism, white guilt, and smug entitlement.

2. w33kender

Dislikes Received:
    I respect this post and i will agree that cnn wnd fox are both biased. And for the record i read and listen to all of them and i have to mentally parse bs to then try to imagine where the truth is. Frustrating.

This country needs a neutral news source unreliant on dollars. Ham radio maybe? Citzen band radio maybe?

3. w33kender

Dislikes Received:
    Lead from behind with his head in his own behind.

4. w33kender

Dislikes Received:
    Germ, some put down humor is good. Sorry for that part of my earlier rant.

5. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    And yet with all that golf he still had about 100 fewer days on vacation than his predecessor, who incidentally just happened to take down the guy that was keeping a lid on all that extremism. Oddly enough, the members of my Christian denomination were able to meet freely when Sadam was in power, and now they have to meet secretly in their homes, under the real threat of persecution. I readily admit that Sadam was pretty despicable, but we didn't improve it.

As for president Drone Strike, we just helped create that many more radicals. Next time someone suggests that we will be greeted as liberators when we are going to go Into a country uninvited to fix it, remember this.

I think that we need to have a draft in the US. It would only apply to members of the party whose leader initiated the action that put our troops in harms way. If you are too old to serve, then your kids or grandkids would be subject to the draft. Your probability of getting drafted would be directly proportional to the amount of money you gave to the campaign.

As for the current administration, I am now terrified that the court overruled his travel ban, because if his people are as competent at vetting refugees as they are at vetting cabinet nominees we are screwed.

6. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And there you have it.

That's the kind of logic that America is up against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. tkaldahl2000

Dislikes Received:
    Does that mean you don't want your kids to be drafted?

8. w33kender

Dislikes Received:
    i readily admit what we did in iraq was a terrible mistake. You dont have to convince me. I do not want us troops in syria, etc, for that reason.

and i am not a christian per se though i am a recovering fundie, but you Nailed it about Iraqi Christians under sadaam versus now. Jews, too. We really boned the pooch in Iraq. Horrible.

I am a recovering neocon as well. It took obama's mistakes for me to really analyze and recognize bush 43's mistakes. I try to be fair and i hate resorting to deflective moral equivalency in debate. But we all do it.

Now, i love the military and am former military and i support them for whatever frigged up mission our mistaken leaders send them. That wont change. Never been in combat but have mad respect for those who have. Really good buddy of mine took some serious wounding in Iraq. I would do anything for my friend.

9. w33kender

Dislikes Received:
    Off topic but i have to say i have new respect for bill maher for having milo on his show last night.

10. tkaldahl2000

Dislikes Received:
    I agree on the military. The kids that sign up to fight and die for us, and come out men on the other end deserve our highest respect. Above and beyond that they deserve to have the promises we made to them kept. The VA needs to be fixed, and funded adequately, and nobody should ***** about it. I heard that the VA was quietly exempted from the hiring freeze behind the scenes, but have yet to see a report on it in the news.

11. w33kender

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed on the VA.

12. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:
    I think every kid in America should give 6mo to 1yr to the service right out of high school.

13. tkaldahl2000

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think that is long enough to be effective, but I agree that everyone should serve in some capacity.

As far as my draft proposal, the point is that if we elect someone who is going to go to war at the drop of a hat, the people who put that person there should be the first to be held responsible.

When Obama deploys troops for over three years without a word from congress, they have clearly abrogated their responsibility. I guess chasing down those lost emails and trying to make sure to get the most mileage about Benghazi for political gain was more important.

And as for the media, remember that first class investigative journalism on Barack and Michelle's terrorist fist bump?

14. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ridiculous.

15. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:
  16. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:
    Unless they are going to attend a leftist American collage and learn the evils of America and capitalism, then the can get a pass.

17. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Lol, I get your point. It's not as irritating a point as long as the person (kid) "GIVES" that time in their life to the service. What irritated me was it sounded as though you were advocating making it mandatory like a draft. I have a serious problem with that premise even though your point is well taken about the colleges.

In a free country, it's fundamentally wrong to tell people what they "have" to do, especially when it could mean losing their life in military service. I know I'm a hardass and I'm grossly over opinionated and I'm not always right...but you tell me that my kid "HAS" to go directly into military service out of high school and if my kid doesn't want to do that...you'd better damnwell be prepared to take that kid over my dead body because short of that, it ain't happenin.

18. Invisible man

Invisible man Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They were in Obammys pocket. Along with the whole entertainment industry and most of the west coast.

19. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:
    I feel ya

I always wanted to go into the service or boot camp just to man up. I could push myself but to hear what are military guys can do is very impressive.

I think if we had the whole spectrum of our nation to pick and choose the people that wanted to go into battle and may be a little easier than just picking to the guys with brass ones that volunteered. I ended up with other obligations out of high school so I did not go into the service so I really don't know jack about this.
    I have friends from other countries that were drafted and they seem to be pretty appreciative of what they learned. Even though they never fought in a war.

20. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I never had any desire to go into the military at all. I'd fight if the nation was at stake and do it without question. I would not however very likely go fight in a foreign country for someone else's freedom or for some braggadocios politician. As far as I'm concerned citizens of other countries can fend for themselves. The one exception might be a world war, depending on the circumstances.