Does anyone understand the dynamics of Scott Dual-Caliper trigger adjustments!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ratchet, Jan 13, 2017.

1. ratchet

ratchet Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Googling, I know the location of the adjustment screw, allen wrench size, the direction to increase or decrease tension, that under load the tension feels greater and lastly, while adjusting clockwise, i.e. increasing tension, the calipers keep closing. Indeed, that is because the adjustment screw protrudes out of the bottom, pushing the trigger forward as you are turning the screw, i.e. the direction the trigger must travel to the close. I have the Molded Grip Model #1001G. I have not shot with it yet. It is quite baffling how this adjustment can change the amount of force need to open the calipers. It seems quite irrelevant how wide the jaws open since once they clear your loop it is a moot point, or how a narrower opening (Screw having been adjusted clockwise!) could/would increase the force need to pull the trigger, especially since the screw isn't touching anything once the trigger is in position to fire. Thank you for any input and hoping Scott owners understand what I am describing!

2. mgwelder

mgwelder Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It adjusts the distance the trigger travels to open the jaws. Foe example, if the trigger has to travel 1/4 inch to trip it, then the screw pulls the trigger back so all you have to move it is 1/8 inch or wherever you set it at. This makes it more or less sensitive.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3. ratchet

ratchet Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you!

4. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I can't tell a difference in pressure it takes even its adjusted all the way out or in.

5. mgwelder

mgwelder Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The pressure is the same, just trigger travel distance is different.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk