EZV Sight

Discussion in '2017 ATA Show Coverage' started by Fitz, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Would love to try one of these out on a secondary bow. I do find it interesting. Concept is solid and they are solving for a problem most of us fear...At that price point though, it's not yet for me.

Thinking about the marketing and packaging, not sure they have made it easy to buy or are selling to the right audience. I mean, I need to think about the speed before I make a purchase decision? Could not tell you my bow speed today. Never had it chronographed. I can look up the factory info but, not sure what my setup is.

I see the most buyers being newer archers or older/young archers. A way to make it easy for them to get into the sport. Take the guess work out of ranging. Miss less game.

Best of luck to them. I believe they were on here a while ago asking for our opinion of it. Can't recall off the top of my head.

3. Stringjumper1

Stringjumper1 Newb

Dislikes Received:

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

4. Stringjumper1

Stringjumper1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I tried one on my bow very simple. Went and crono my hunting setup and recieved the inserts cover speed set up at as well as above and below. Simple to set up and was shooting 1 inch groups out to 40 yds after got used to system. Love it so much my son got one and I now have one for my 3-D now. Added advantage was using in ground blind this fall and was able to use it right up to legal end of shooting time without having pin glare in my peep. Once u try this sight u will be hard pressed to go back to a pin cause no more blurry pin or animal For me who wears glasses this is a great invention

5. Stringjumper1

Stringjumper1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Also with each package you get 25FPS adjustment which covers most. My original order I just downloaded the image of inserts and matched to pin. Chronograph end to back up worked like a charm

6. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How does it work if the deer isn't 100% broadside??

7. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No way!

8. Stringjumper1

Stringjumper1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The arrow goes in down the center of V if the animal comes out at an angle u will need to use a range finder. I have played with 3D targets 1/4 away etc and if I know yardage I put the center of V where I want to hit an bingo I was sceptical for a while but I played experimented and it made life easy. Three other buddies have tried my sight and now own them. One was a guy that left his range finder on ground and estimated yards and shot under a 180 class whitetail that turned out to be 56 and not 36 yds Now he's playing with this sight and said bluntly there will be no more misses cause range estimation. Go look at the videos at website they explain a lot more than I can. I am the biggest skeptic to things but this I believe in. Made my life easier

9. A5BLASTER

A5BLASTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Very intresting.

I have seen this same kind of sight tech on military weapons and know first hand that it does work, just not sure it would work on a bow, that being said it's mathematics that drives the tech behind this sight and in theory should be spot on.

I watched all the vids and read all the info I could find on it and while I want to try it I'm not sold on it, the inventor doesn't do a very good job of explaining how it works and doesn't have much vid prove of it being shoot at a target or in a hunting situation taking game, would like to see him put out some close up view vids of the sight being installed and sighted and hunting taking game.

He also states it works just fine on a qaurtering shoot but I'm not seeing any prove of that.

Bottom line is i like the idea and know the tech behind it to be sound when use on firearms but would like to see more detailed up close videoed prove of it working on a bow.

Wish he had a retailer in louisiana so I could go test one myself.

Tags: