My Worst Season in quite a long time - Long Read

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by muzzyman88, Jan 7, 2017.

1. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I still may have one more evening sit in me this week before the bell rings an end to the season. I fully realize I have opportunities that many don't get, especially here in PA. I guess I'd feel much better if none of these deer ever got into range... several times.. :lol:

Fletch920, I hear ya. I'm totally looking forward to feeding and running cams next week to see if I can get these deer in for a picture as well as trying to find their sheds. Next year is going to be interesting with those two bucks, plus a host of 100-120 deer I left walk.

2. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    It really blows my mind that there are places in PA where you can let 120s walk, let alone Central PA. You, sir, have it good :)

Sent from my Turbo 2.

3. muzzyman88

Dislikes Received:
    Oh you're correct. I know I am extremely fortunate to have the quality of hunting I do. We do have a couple of guys who only hunt rifle that will kill the 120's, but more power to them. After last year, I've made the decision to not kill anything under 130 and am prepared to eat tags from now on.. even though it sucked this year! :lol:

4. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can completely relate to having a horrible season that most guys would love to have. That was mine in 2015. Worst ever for me, yet I was half afraid to tell people that because for many it would have been a great year. But that's how it goes, everyone has a different situation. Good luck having a bounce back year next season, I had one this year after my worst.

5. dbow

dbow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm reading these posts thinking, "where in the Sam Hill does any of this sound bad?"

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

6. norseman112

norseman112 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If I see shooter bucks, to me that is a successful season, but that's just me. That and being healthy enough to enjoy the hunt because I know some people who cant anymore.

7. muzzyman88

Dislikes Received:
    You all are correct. I guess I've just put too much on myself. I've had three more than excellent years in a row leading up to this season so I guess I was getting a little cocky! lol