Stand up for public lands!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Blacktail Slayer, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Blacktail Slayer

Blacktail Slayer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
  2. Innovative Outdoorsman

Innovative Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It would just transfer management to the states that land is contained within. I trust my state more than my federal government. Im not 100% versed on this but from what Im reading, the management goes from the feds to the state.

3. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Already contacted my rep ( who voted Yes).

RC, it (land sale and transfer) is definitely something all sportsman (not just Westerners) should be cognizant of.

Sent from my Turbo 2.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  4. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have contacted my rep several times already. There are more troubles on the horizon with this issue.

I cannot fathom how any hunter or simply anyone who enjoys the outdoors can support this or think it is a good thing. Access to these lands will cease to exist forever.
    Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

5. roadrunner

roadrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No need to contact mine, they voted no.

6. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    States regularly sell off public land to make up for budget short falls where the federal government wont. And especially you living in Wisconsin you really trust Walker not to sell off public land? The same guy who has mining companies write environmental bills for him?

7. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    f you have ever, or would like to hunt in a Western state, you need to be aware of HR. 621 introduced into the House of Representatives Rep. Jason Chaffetz-Utah-3. This bill calls for the direct sale of public lands in several western states.

Text - H.R.621 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): To direct the Secretary of the Interior to sell certain Federal lands in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, and Wyoming, previously identified as suitable for di

I have written my congressman and both senators about this. Many of you who hunt in the Eastern or Southern US will know how hard it can be to find public land to hunt. Do not let this happen in the Western States. Below is a copy of the letter I sent to my congressman and senators. Feel free to copy it and change it to make it relative to your representatives. No public land means no hunting, fishing, camping, or hiking for those who cannot afford to own land.

Good Morning Congressman,

First of all, thank you for representing the people of Arkansas District 2. I feel that overall, you are doing an excellent job of keeping our interests represented in Washington. It has been a privilege to vote in support of you.

I am writing to inform you that I am vehemently opposed to H.R. 621 introduced by Rep. Jason Chaffetz-Utah-3. This bill calls for the outright sale of federally owned public lands in several states in the western portion of America. Fortunately, Arkansas is not on the list. But for how long?

As an avid outdoorsman, I enjoy hiking, hunting, fishing, and camping. I have done at least one, and wish do to all, in almost every state listed in H.R. 621. Mr. Hill, I recognize that there is a severe debt problem in Washington and major changes are needed to correct this. However, selling public lands is not the answer. In America, we are blessed to have such an abundance of land that any citizen visit and use. The funding of national parks, forests, and BLM represents a small portion of the Federal government budget and selling off lands will do very little to reduce spending and the debt.

I am asking that you reject this bill. Keep our public lands public!

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Adam Carter
    Registered Voter Arkansas District 2
    Public Land Owner

8. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would suggest you begin learning more about this topic. Randy Newberg has an excellent videos series on his youtube channel about this. State Management of what is currently Federal public lands is a terrible idea.

9. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I know the state where I hunt is overburdened and understaffed for the WMA they manage already. Turning our state's national forests into state game lands would be horrible.