Romo Island

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by NY Bowhunter, Jan 6, 2017.

1. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think the Cowboys would be pretty much unbeatable if Romo was their QB. Prescott is doing a nice job and deserves the credit. He manages the game well and doesn't make many mistakes. But that's where it ends. He has turned into a check down charlie. Throws for a couple hundred yards and completes his 15 or so passes. Hands the ball off to Elliot and has the luxury of that offensive line. Half the playbook doesn't exist without Romo. Down the field and Dez Bryant are non existent.

Romo got in for one series last week. After not playing for over a year he marched the offense down the field throwing lasers, touch passes, deep balls, etc... 6 plays, 81 yards in less than 3 minutes. Ending with a perfect timing pass for a TD. Made it look pretty easy. That offense with that O line and Zeke Elliot would be like the 89' 49ers with Romo back there.

2. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Romo is just a little better version of Cutler. When things start going wrong he can't work his way out. Why do you think they pulled him out so quick, they were just advertising him to get a couple first round picks.

3. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Troy Aikman is in the HOF and his game was very similar to what Prescott is doing. He didn't put up nintendo numbers, either. He had very few 300 yard passing games. He had a tight spiral and great accuracy but he never had to throw as often as Romo has in his career.

I am a Romo fan, but on a human level, I think he should retire. Back surgeries, multiple collarbone breaks. He needs to think about his future with kids and grandkids. And retire.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh you just stop with that talk Dak is the MVP (according to some people)

5. janesburg

janesburg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A couple first round picks for a 36 year old injury prone QB? Not happening.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah the vikings already got fleeced for Bradford, no draft picks to trade in sports loserville.

7. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That move is something that the New York Jets would do, or the Buffalo Bills. Mark my words

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In defense of Dak he has done an excellent job adjusting to the adjustments made to stop him. When he first started there was no film on him so there was not a lot of scheme to specifically stop him, as the season went on the teams adjusted, as a rookie both he and the coaching staff have done a great job of taking what the D is giving. Romo could go to Denver and they would make the playoffs next season.

9. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No thank you. We don't want him either.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How soon we all forget. How many times did Rome throw of 350 yards and couple TD's then piss down his leg at the end of the game and just give it away. He's a high risk, high reward QB, but he's the guy that will lose you the game in the end.

11. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I like my Packers chances Sunday BECAUSE of Dak. Hes a great rookie, but i dont think he can outduel Rodgers. Romo and Zeke would be the way to beat Green Bay right now. If we make your running game average, we can score enough to win.

Would be an amazingly awesome upset.

Skip Bayless would have a stroke.

Now if Dak balls and Dallas wins...Skip will also have a stroke.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

12. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dak scares me because Dallas does not need to protect him anymore...I expect some boots and designed options for him to take off and use his feet more than we've seen out of them this year.....