Commercial Blinds...Get What You Pay For?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by MGH_PA, Dec 30, 2016.

1. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    So I've been toying with the idea of adding a box blind to our property. I like the idea of its use for late season hunting, turkey, and even some regular season hunts in spots I can't hang a stand. I would probably want to mount it to a small trailer (think ATV size) to keep it movable around the property.

I have the tools and the ability to build one, but I also really drool over the commercial blinds (primarily Redneck). They're very pricey, however. Guys seem to swear by them and it appears you do get what you pay for in terms of quietness, weather tightness, etc.).

So I would like to hear from those of you with commercial hard side blinds. What do you have? Likes/dislikes? If you could do it over again, would you buy?

Thanks.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've never hunted out of one so my opinion is not really valid. I've been in the Muddy's(Used to be Bad Azz Blinds and it's really, really nice. Not $3000 nice, but really, really nice.

I'm more of a build it type so that is what I have done.

3. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    One option is the shack. Fiberglass. Has a porch. Well built. I have mine for 5 years now. It's a good blind. Sure there are things I would change about it. Good value and holds in heat well. I'm not saying it's the golden standard. But it's one to consider. It's prob not redneck level but it's half the price. Has the elevator brackets Built in.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Cool pic. :tu:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk