<<<<TEAM 26 Thread>>>>

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by virginiashadow, Aug 15, 2016.

1. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    well team.
    did;t get an upgrade for us but had a fun day.
    shot this buck and about a minute later, had a BIG BUCK come and stop at 6 feet. he's already shed both but he was a big Mature deer with huge holes in his head!!!.

1 antler popped of while dragging him out. 1228161459.jpglate season deer me.jpg

2. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like you had a fun day bnb!

I keep logging on hoping to see fletch holding a giant!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

3. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

I am not even on your team and I keep checking on your team thread looking for a fletch kill.

4. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not likely guys. I was out with the flu for most of the holidays. I was planning on several sits during that time. And honestly, our big buck numbers are way down. I still hold some hope for a buck of some sort, but it may just be a "contest" buck. lol.

One of the nice bucks I was chasing is now dead. I'm actually happy about it. The young son of a good friend of mine shot it with a muzzleloader on a youth tag. Its his best buck ever at around 155", as an 8 point. For this evening, I have invited my 72 year old father-in-law to sit on my best plot. If I go, it will likely be just to observe. I hope someone does that for me when I get older. He shot his first deer ever at the age of 70 with me and is now eaten up with deer hunting. It would thrill me to see him fill his tag. I know that does nothing for our team score, and for that I apologize. But, his seasons are numbered. I will shoot a fergie buck if need be, just to nab a few more points. I have a ton of goofy little spikes and forks for some reason and it would not bother me in the least to thin one out. Happy New Year!

5. OK/Sooner

Dislikes Received:
    Don't blame a bit. I hope your FIL bags one! Come next year I'll be back with my little one trying to get him on another! That's what it's all about.

6. OK/Sooner

Dislikes Received:
    When your buck tags are filled and no ducks to be found you go fishing! Great start to the new year catching crappie.
    [​IMG]

Good luck to you guys still hunting! 14 days left.

7. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Down to 1 last afternoon of hunting....this Saturday. Been fun hunting along with all of you this season. What an outstanding team.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

8. bucksnbears

Dislikes Received:
    been fun for sure.
    good luck to you fellas still trying.

just got back from a LONG/GRUELING bobcat hunt in the wilds of northern MN. spent hours and many miles on snoemobiles trying to call them in.
    did not see the amount of tracks i was hoping for. (more wolf then cat tracks). did not call in a critter but was fun just trying.

9. OK/Sooner

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck VS! Hopefully one will slip up!

10. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like Team 3 shot a buck. Come on guys we need to drill a deer or two!

11. bucksnbears

Dislikes Received:
    oh well.
    kind of like the MN Vikings............coming in second:lol:

we still have a few on our team that have tags. FAITH!!.:usa:

good Lord. where is Fitz??,
    just noticed he has not did any upgrades since,like forever

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  12. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like Team 3 found their buck....we need to put another deer down. Doe or even a dink buck should put us right at the lead. Looks like some snow might sneak in here tomorrow. Kids games will probably be cancelled so Im hoping I can hunt one last afternoon. Need some serious luck.

Come guys and gals.....we have time left to make it happen

13. Junior73

Junior73 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;TEAM 26 Thread&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

Got a few more days before season ends and will probably get one more day of hunting in before the end as long as the weather holds out. I gladly accept the responsibility and will do my best to make the team proud! Lol! Wish me luck! What do we need... bruiser, little guy, doe?

14. OK/Sooner

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck! At this point we need any of the above lol. Anything helps.

15. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Come on guys all we need is about 50 pts or so!

16. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, I have thrown in the towel. I am not able to get out the last two evenings of the season due to work. I had a couple of close calls this season and a ton of great up and coming bucks, but just not the opportunities on mature deer. I was even going to shoot a spike or little "cull" buck just for the Fergie points this late season but every buck that came by me was a really decent young 8 or 10 point. And, there were over a dozen of them. Being sick with the flu for the entire week of the holiday break was a killer for my chances to score. I had a couple of bucks patterned and had a new stand set to go, but never did get to hunt it. Then, it turned really cold and we got some snow and the deer changed their pattern. I know you guys were planning on me for a decent buck for the contest and I really apologize for not making it happen. I can assure you that it was not from lack of effort. I hunted more this year than the prior three years combined. We are still suffering the effects of two hard years of EHD that wiped out a ton of bucks. I have a lot of great 2, 3, and a few 4 year olds now, but the numbers of 5+ year old bucks is still really low. I had three bucks that I was excited to try to shoot and actually got to see every one of them from the stand, but no decent shots were to be. I even passed a couple of good ones during the gun season so that I could have a chance at them with a bow for the contest. So, no buck for me this year. I really do feel disappointed for our team and wish I could give you better news. Hopefully, someone else can put us over the top and we can stay together as a team for next year and I can redeem myself.

Happy New Year to all of you and thanks for a fun season.

17. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Fletch, no stress. You hunted hard and held to your standards. Those bucks are gonna be all over the place and the years to come for you.

I let us down by not getting close to a good buck. I could have killed a 2 year old buck or two but didn't want to shoot one of them....just need them to get 1 year older and they add a ton. My season is over and I was proud to hunt with you guys.

I'm an optimist so I'm expecting a couple more deer to hit the ground for this team and for us to win. :)

18. Junior73

Junior73 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    OK, gang! Here's the deal... I'm off the next 3 days but the weather forecast is less than optimistic! They're calling for rain, rain & freezing rain all 3 days. Last report I saw said that Wednesday will be hit & miss so that's the day I'm really gonna plan for. I'll probably be living like a gypsy the next few days so that I can get out there at a moment's notice so wish me luck, say a prayer & do a little anti-rain dance to help me out! I talked to my buddy the other day who hunts the property next to me and us tagged out already and he said that the big boy i posted pics of is still hanging around! I'm trying not to get my hopes up but MAN is it tough! Gonna do my best to bring us home!

19. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Let's go Junior!

20. OK/Sooner

Dislikes Received:
    Only a few more days to go. I know one of you can put one down!