Satillite map with topo, MGRS Lines, boundaries and stand locations

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by rjfoy, Dec 14, 2016.

1. rjfoy

rjfoy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hoping to find a company that can do a printed map as written in the title.

I think MyTopo can do everything except import KLM/KMZ points and HUNTERRA prints a great map, they can import your data but they don't do Military Grid Reference System overlay.

Anyone know of a company that can do it all?

This is for a club sign-out board.

Thanks,

Bob

2. Jelf

Jelf Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The following link displays the Google aerial and a 100m MGRS/USNG grid. Zoom in more and the grid goes to 10m. If there is cell service where the club hunts then the map will open on cell phones and display a touch friendly interface. You will recognize where the map is centered.

https://mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.php?usng=17S_PB_6458_4236&tilt=off&z=17&t=h

The map is displayed by Gmap4 which is an enhanced Google map viewer that I developed. Anyone can use Gmap4 for any non-commercial purpose. I maintain this project as a volunteer public service and part of my way to "pay it forward".

You can do limited printing through your browser. Firefox ==> Print preview.

If you put your KML/KMZ file online, Gmap4 can display it.

Finally, if the boundary data you want to display is available on a public-facing ArcGIS server, then Gmap4 can display it.

The Gmap4 homepage has lots of examples and help info:
    https://mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.html

Finally, I caution everyone about GIS boundary data. Some of it is good, some terrible and a lot is in between those extremes. I often overlay survey data for a specific parcel on top of GIS boundary data and I can see the differences.

Joseph

3. rjfoy

rjfoy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    MGRS Map

Great work Joseph. Thanks!