Post-Surgery-->Passing the time

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by primetime_Deion, Dec 21, 2016.

1. primetime_Deion

primetime_Deion Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, this morning was officially my last day of the year hunting. About a month ago, I tore my ACL, MCL, and meniscus playing basketball so tomorrow I get surgery to repair those torn ligaments.
    With that being said, I'm going to have a lot of time on my hands starting tomorrow to just sit around and rehab. I'm going to make it through the rest of the bowhunt or die episodes I haven't watched yet pretty quickly, so what do you guys suggest me to watch? I don't got homework to do, my semester just ended. I could watch bowhunting for days, so let me know what you guys think! Any good must-see hunting movies or just movies in general that an outdoorsman would enjoy?
    Already can't wait for next year

2. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm kinda in the same boat I had bad accident and now I go into surgery Jan 5th for a 2 level spinal fusion in my neck there removing 4 discs putting in titanium plates and cages in. So I'm going to be layed up for awhile I mean awhile I think I'm going to just watch all the hunting vids I can lol I did have a few accessories that were broke like a qad hdx and a couple sights so I called yesterday for warranty and I'm going to send them out the day before my surgery since I'll have time lol I don't know what else to do being layed up for 16 weeks is going to kill me I won't even be able to shoot my bows for months afterwards so I'm going to try my best to recover so I'm able to hunt next season I'm going to fallow this being in the same boat.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  3. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am sorry to hear the bad news and will be praying that you both have a healthy and speedy recovery!! I have the Carbon app on Roku and there are a ton of shows on there to watch!!

4. primetime_Deion

Dislikes Received:
    Yikes! Well looks like we both got some recovering to do! and a lot of time on our hands as well! Hope surgery goes well for you man

5. primetime_Deion

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Lung Buster, I'll have to check that out cuz I don't have Netflix to look up anything on there. Thanks for the prayers

6. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey buckeyejay I just had a triple disc neck fusion c5,6 and 7. About three months ago. Been out of work since. I was operated on by 2 neurosurgeons. They told me it was about a 3hr. operation. and they said when i awoke all my pain would be gone. Going into the O.R. I checked the time ….7am ……. When I next opened my eyes it was 6:30. For a couple min. I couldn't get it. It was 6:30 at night. They told me it was much worse than they thought. They had to scrape calcium deposits off my dura which is the covering over your spinal cord. Well here i am not doin so well. Sorry to be a downer but just wanted to tell my experience. there's a lot more to the story. Pm me or if you want we can talk on the phone.

7. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    I actually just downloaded that app lol its pretty good and had a big selection.

8. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    Pmd....

9. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Best of luck on your surgery and a speedy recovery!! Hope the rehab goes nice and easy for you as well. Keep us posted on your progress.

10. Trevor TFO

Trevor TFO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When I had surgery last year I was in the hospital for 9 days afterward and layed up for ahwile after, I binge watched Heartland Bowhunter on Carbon TV and loved it. Those guys are the real deal and they have some awesome footage.

11. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Carbon TV is pretty good. Some shows are much better than others, but half the fun is sorting through the tripe.
    To all you guys looking at long term rehab; please keep busy. My old man retired about 4 years ago, and since then has had one major health issue after another and mentally it's taking worse of a toll than physically. He didn't take my advice and it's really been grinding him down. Something recently happened to where he has seen the light and things are looking up but it's been a rough road. I told him he can't just sit on his butt and watch OLN and the NFL network all day.

12. primetime_Deion

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I'm definitely gonna listen to everything I'm told to do for rehab. I'm going to miss track season for sure this spring, but got a lot of time to fully recover well for cross country and hunting next fall! And I wouldn't mind a decent break to watch some good sports games and hunting shows. Definitely not rushing myself back just to get hurt again. I'll check out carbon tv thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

13. BradC36

BradC36 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had my first ACL/Meniscus repair Oct 2012 and just had the second Feb 2016, so I feel for you on this one, it is not a fun surgery or recovery, so if you need any advice let me know. You will be back on your feet and very busy with the rehab for the first couple of months after a few weeks. I will say that if you think you have done enough in terms of stretching, rehab, etc, you haven't done enough yet. Ice every second you can, stretch as much as you can tolerate, and when they tell you to put something under your heel to keep your leg straight to get full extension again, it will hurt like a b**** but do it anytime you're laying down you won't regret it.

I spent a lot of time watching any hunting tv show that were on, BHOD, Carbon TV, vimeo, and surprisingly youtube you can find a lot of good content if you look, especially if you like more than just bowhunting.

Hope this helps.

14. marine1986

marine1986 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you do get Netflix... They have a few seasons of Meat Eater on there and I think that's a pretty good hunting show

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck on the rehab, I would suggest you take an online vocabulary class. " I don't got homework to do":eek2:

16. primetime_Deion

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah It definitely does hurt trying to keep my leg extended, you're right! But okay, awesome. Thank you, I'll check out YouTube as well. I looked a lot of outdoorsman on there and shows that are on YouTube and there are a ton! Thanks and I hope you're doing well right now too, two knee surgeries now! Wow!

17. primetime_Deion

Dislikes Received:
    HAHA that's probably needed

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just giving you crap.

19. primetime_Deion

Dislikes Received:
    Alright I'll check that out for sure! I got Netflix at my apartment that I go back to once school starts again in early January. Thanks!

20. primetime_Deion

Dislikes Received:
    Post-Surgery-->Passing the time

[​IMG]
    Surgery went good! Thank you everyone for the support and help finding some things to do to pass the time! Gonna be back on the course and back in the woods as soon as I can! Good luck everyone on the rest of your seasons

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016