Why won't you let someone recover a deer on their land?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by MOBU, Dec 15, 2016.

1. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Explains it....

2. norseman112

norseman112 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Depends on the neighbor. I had one who was trespassing on my land and I confronted him. I asked him nicely to leave and he used profanity. He took a swung at me and I dropped him in one strike. I also had a witness who went to court with me. This asshat is also a fence line hunter and so is another neighbor and they both illegally bait deer. Us neighbors got together and put high fences around (not on the property line for other reasons) both of them with cameras monitoring them. Those two neighbors are never allowed on my land for any reason what so ever. The other neighbors and I have an agreement we will help each other find our deer at night if it crosses the property lines so we don't screw up each others hunt.

3. cocowheats

cocowheats Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I remember these days. And I still am lucky enough to live in these days. I live in northern mn. Way north. Where I live u can basically hunt wherever. Majority of people are considerate of the property lines. But if u shoot a deer and track on someone else's property they don't give a poop. It's not great hunting but everyone knows everyone and nobody cares. When I was too young to understand boundaries, I hunted wherever I wanted. I didn't know better. First generation hunter. I remember running into a guy and his wife while I was walking on his property. He said hey who are you and what are you doing. I told him who I was and what I was doing. He said oh ok good luck. Lol. He knew my grandpa. Now me and him are fishing and hunting friends. I would never hint his land these days but he didn't care at all. And he is a bow hunter as well. When we chatted , all he said was shoot all the coyotes and wolves u see. I just laugh now. I would never risk killing a wolf, but they killed his dog the year before.
    Anyway , my uncle owns 78 acres next to him. Other day a guy asks about my uncles. I said ya anyone can hunt it as long as they ask. He was all confused and said why don't u tell him to not let anyone else hunt it. I said it's his land he can do whatever he wants and he loves deer hunters. I feel blessed to be honest. Granted anyone can hunt my uncles and it can be annoying when you're out there, but what a great man. He lets anyone hunt there. All he asks is u stop and talk hunting with him. He is 91 this year and if u don't stop and talk to him, u stop hunting his land. Lol. I have moved on to an urban hunt but I still owe my entire up bringing to his land and the neighbors that let me hunt their land.
    It really is sad to hear all these horror stories you all have. I have hunted and trespassed land I never had any business on and yet the people were always indifferent to my presence. Now that I am old enough to know better, and know the plat book, I would never trespass. However, my community provided with learning expierences in a positive form which allowed me to gain knowledge in the field. People could have easily called me in and had me devastated in fines because of Mia judgements. This surely would of affected my continuation in the hunting world. I believe we as a whole need to realize the opportunity we have to introduce people to hunting and proper etiquette rather than jump to conclusions of trespassers are horrible.
    I do understand people work hard for their hunting land and there are buttheads who fully take advantage of what they are doing. I just wanna say don't let one mis guided hunt ruin somebody's experience. Where I come from most people just aren't informed enough. Idk. I just love where I'm from. Guide em don't divide em

4. cocowheats

cocowheats Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok sorry another story. So my g pa took care of the neighbors property for the last ten years. Old lady passed. Land sold. As soon as it sold I pulled out stands. Guy who bought land comes up to me. Says hey I heard u took your stands out. I said ya couple weeks ago. He says ya I don't care. Re hang then. U can hiunt whenever u want. I said wow that's awesome. I said I I won't re hang but if we hunt we will just use climbers. He said ok whatever's u want but it don't matter. And this guy is a hunter. Great people. I haven't hunted his land, but I wouldn't hesitate. That's what it's about

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't think the Nature Boy is ready to step up to the Muzzy.

6. bradn4201

Dislikes Received:
    wooooooo!!!!

7. uncljohn

uncljohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I am glad to see my post was successful at pointing out that very few here have any sense of humor. I got 13 "panties in a wad" notifications today! Nice!

Apparently no one except Nature Boy is able to think outside of their own brains to consider the reasons others might give, even ones that are completely baseless or asinine. If you don't think there are people out there who would use the excuse I posed, then you must have really great neighbors.

8. TheNatureBoy

TheNatureBoy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lower case woooooo??? Very disappointing. :lol:

9. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In MN I don't believe you need permission to recover a deer on someone else's property provided you killed it legally on property you own or had permission to hunt. I don't normally hunt near property lines so I can't even remember having to deal with this issue on an animal I killed?

10. TheNatureBoy

Dislikes Received:
    Nature Boy reality check leg drop from the top rope: the world doesn't revolve around us.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hey one D-Bag of the month winner to another congrats. Ty also pondered the situation so he is another one that didn't light his torch right away.:biggrin:

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

It is accurate you do not need permission to track over property lines but you do have to leave if the property owner tells you to go. It usually is the right thing to do to at least attempt to let the property owner know.

13. TheNatureBoy

Dislikes Received:
    I wish I could take credit for this one, but it was actually The Macho Man that came up with it, he called it The 6 Ps....actually he called it The 6 Ps OH YEEEEEAAAA!!! Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance OH YEEEAAAA!!!

If you wait until you have a deer on someone's property, you waited too late. Reach out to your neighbors and establish a relationship with them before you need to ask something like this. Did you do that? No? The 6 Ps...OH YEEEEAAAA!!!!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  14. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Because if they are stupid enough to think they need to ask my permission to recover a deer they shot and died on their land...they can go to hell.

15. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't had to chase a deer onto a neighboring property. But I can easily see it for those who do not have big parcels. A stand placed in the middle of a square 40 acres is just over 200 yards from a border. What I hunt on is 240 (2x40 deep and 3 wide). And I am always surprised how little time it takes me to walk my fat butt from the front to rear of the property. Deer make it a lot quicker than I can.

16. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Now THAT is actually humorous. But, you might take a minute to look up the meaning of the word "humor". Your first post on this thread missed the mark worse than a 60 yard shot by Chris Brackett.

17. bradn4201

Dislikes Received:
    Brackett hit, just in the tail end of the deer...lol

18. uncljohn

uncljohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you thought my initial post was serious, then you probably lack the ability to identify sarcasm. Personally I find SNL to be both watchable and very funny.

19. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It used to be, before they got all butt-hurt over the election. Now, they just seem desperate and unoriginal. Trump is far too easy of a target to spend so much time on. They need to get over it and move on.

And, I actually hold a black-belt in sarcasm. I can out-sarcasm you with half my brain tied behind my back. I have more sarcasm than Sota has Packer's stock. I gotta go, Chris Brackett just called and needs some help tracking. Again.

20. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is some funny stuff! lmao