Chris Brackett's 60 Yard Shot Video, Rant, etc.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Justin, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My point is Lake Erie has not caught fire in years. it is actually fishable. Any company that uses ground water and discharges into the environment is permitted, regulated and sampled we are no longer just dumping chemicals on the ground. Even our garbage is no longer just dumped in a hole or buried, all lined and contained.

Some of the supposed green solutions are not really green if the same standards were applied to current technology. Ethanol takes 12 gallons of water to produce a gallon of product, how green is that? Reycling in many products it makes a bigger carbon footprint than producing virgin material. Many things we considered recycled are shipped out of the country because it is cheaper and our environmental regulations prohibit the methods used.

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea all in an economy fueled by cheap imports from the biggest polluters in history. ...

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Do you think that China would not pollute if there was no such thing as Walmart?

4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Please don't argue in favor of moral vacancy it's beneath you.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I feel shame about Russia's environmental impact as well, keeps me awake at night.;)

6. mobowdoebuck

mobowdoebuck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

7. mobowdoebuck

Dislikes Received:
    I watched the video, so prideful with a lack of respect and humility. More discussed by the comments.
    We have a large group more concerned with being cool with a long shot or amount of bleeding than actually getting the deer.

8. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly i dont get why people take 60+ yard shots at whitetails. Whitetail deer hunting is a close range sport! (40 yards and less)

Heres what I posted on this dudes page. After watching it almost seems like he posted the video because he wanted people on social media to give him reasons to feel better about what he did.

"Dont know who you are. Never been on this page but I stumbled on this video. You sure seem to be trying to find people to give you a legitimate reason to make you feel better about what happened. Plain and simple! I dont care if your a really good Target archer on the range but Whitetail deer hunting is a close range sport! What you did right there is fling a fricken arrow. **** like this is what gives bowhunters a bad rap. Learn from it and make better decisions. Have a good day!"

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Like Russia, India, Asia. It is not our fault they treat the environment like crap.

10. mobowdoebuck

Dislikes Received:

Just not true in ethanol. While we can argue its merits, just not true. Ethanol produces 2 products ethanol and ddg's.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  11. mikido

mikido Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Your existence treats the environment like crap. The world is overpopulated. Don't look down at other countries......how much forest was cleared for the residential subdivision you live in? How much uneaten food From your or your children's plates end up in the trash?

Give me a break

12. jcz

jcz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great post I didn't see the footage but the reason I respond is just a couple weeks ago I had a decent buck about 60 yards away and I was kickin myself not bring my shotgun to field with me but I never once thought about drawing on this animal cause of my comfort level past 35 yards.
    But that's just me

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The water usage is documented and true.

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

I have worked for a well driller that did environmental drilling when I went to college, I worked for an environmental consulting firm that did clean up work when we all replaced underground gasoline storage tanks back in the late 80's and 90's, I sit on the board of a professional association involved in the landfill and recycling industry and work in landfill design and compliance I have been involved in environmental clean up in every state except Montanna and have been as far as Saipan. I think I have more than replaced my carbon footprint and I also understand sustainable practices. The US is the best country in the world in taking care of the environment vs the natural resources extracted.

15. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    my post about deer are paying the price was not taken the way I intended it to be taken. let me try to explain. when guys are filming hunting for a living they have to succeed to keep their job. when season gets tough they get worried about not getting footage. so when it's crunch time and a long distance shot presents itself they get greedy and shoot. if the shot is good then great they killed the deer. but when the shot is bad the deer are paying the price. so with the higher possibilities of bad hits more times than not the deer will be suffering. granted I have lost deer as well but I also am not a paid hunter on tv advertising it. he should've not aired it and kept quiet. I would have thought he would have protected his name before risking embarrassing himself.

I love the guys on tv trying to act like everyday hunters. what a joke! they are the farthest thing from it. they get all the biggest bucks, best leases, tons of private property exclusive to them, guides, four wheelers, & all the free products. if they had to hunt like an everyday hunter they wouldn't have near the successes. notice not many of them every hunt public property. I guess I am a hunter, not a tv hunter's fan. I would rather go out and hunt rather than sit at home and watch other people hunt.

bracket might be getting close to the end of a contract so he got desperate. still no excuse for the shot. archery is about getting close. if you can't do that then archery is not for you! get a gun!

16. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't see how he can hold a sponsor anyway, he was wearing a diamond archery hat and shooting his Martin bow. I would think most sponsors would get upset over that. I could also see someone like scentloc actually dropping a hunter over something like this not like how UA did to the Bomar's.

17. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You're a dreamer. There's so much going on that is not seen by the general public, with leaks and spills that you never hear about. Geez, it's nice that Lake Erie hasn't caught fire recently, and is fishable. lol

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  18. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You can run with your opinion I will go with my 32 years of experience in the environmental industry.

20. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I polluted the environment of our bathroom this morning. The wife and every pet acted like I'd excreted toxic sludge from three mile island combined and turned hybrid with pig slop.