New stabilizer selection

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunter728, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Bowhunter728

Bowhunter728 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, I haven't been on the forum in a few months just been busy with work. So I recently got the urge to change my stabilizer to something new. I still have the stock one on my bow right now but I wanna change it. I was looking at some of them on Lancaster and my local shop. I wanted to come here and get some input on what people think of for example B stinger and trophy ridge, etc. Also what you have on your setup. I've really been going towards the stinger but let me know what you guys think.

2. Gator Dale

Gator Dale Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I put the 8" b stinger on mine and dropped two weights of it. That's on a helim. I like it gives the bow nice balance for me ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1480285246.992224.jpg

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  3. TheNatureBoy

TheNatureBoy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I did away with using a stabilizer 2 years ago....and the wrist sling. Man, I like it so much better for hunting.

4. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    One that has my eye, less so for hunting is from a company called atomic rods.

But it's about time for a new multipurpose bow so I'll be following...

5. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    b stinger is a good choice for sure. i am currently using a stokerized stasis. while i like the concept of it i dont care for the pain in the *** install every time i shoot my bow. i will be looking at dead center archery stabilizers. i like their complete setup because i prefer shooting a back bar along with my front stabilizer. it also depends on what your looking for your stabilizer to do. If you just want it to absorb vibration trophy ridge or ones similar to that will work better. if your looking for a stabilizer to help balance your bow and slow down your oscillations then companies like b stinger will work better because you can adjust the weight on it and there are more choices in length as well.

6. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    not my bow but they are pics of what i shoot now and the dead center archery im thinking of switching to stokerized.jpg dca.jpg

7. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a dead center stab, no complaints.

8. Bowhunter728

Dislikes Received:
    Ok cool. I will definitely check them out. I do need something to help me with floating/oscillating that's for sure

9. Riverduck11

Riverduck11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I put a 10" B stinger on mine to help with floating around my target. If I had known what an improvement it made to my shooting, I would have bought it years ago!

10. alaska at heart

alaska at heart Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shadow Stabilizers - Custom, Affordable, High Quality

Check out this link. I bought an 8" carbon stab from Steve this spring that came very quickly and is just as nice as most of the "name" brands that cost double......or more. I have owned B-Stinger, Stokerized, etc and Shadows are competitive at a much more affordable price point.

11. Bowhunter728

Dislikes Received:
    I tried clicking on the link he provides and it doesn't work. Does this stabilizer do anything for noise? Not that my bow is loud I was just curious.