*live* from buying a new Vehicle thread

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by selfbros, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure if you tow anything (boat, camper) but if you do the pilot ain't gonna cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had that done on my truck. One cab corner and one rocker panel was bad, but I bought both replacement cab corners (factory shaped metal) and had the one welded in place. I had the one rocker replaced with metal as well. You can not tell the corner was replaced no matter how hard you look. The guy did an AWESOME job, and just $1000 for everything! This included taking the bed off to access the corner properly. My Silverado isn't going anywhere any time soon. haha

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  3. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If my first Silverado didn't start rusting out so bad (rockers, wheel wells, and cab corners) I'd probably still have it. I actually intended to buy a Toyota for something different but I found such a good price on this 2014 Silverado I decided it was the deal for me. We will see in the years to come if I keep this attitude. I keep trucks a long time usually.

4. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bought a new 2016 Gmc Canyon a couple weeks ago. Cheap and good on gas.

5. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had a 2000 Yukon and then bought a 2013 Tahoe last year. Never had anything wrong with either. They are by far my fav vehicle for the family. I got my old 2wd truck stuck in a pheasant field after a snow storm and was impressed in the way the Yukon towed it out. As for my 2002 Silverado, always felt it was under powered, specially when towing. For some reason my Yukon and Tahoe would out tow the Silverado hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

6. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Pilot and it's a great vehicle. I also have a Silverado it's a good vehicle. When you are looking for new vehicle never go into it with a closed mind

7. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Back in May my Titan started to really crap the bed. The company I work for gets a pretty nice discount on Ford, I’ve always been a GM person, but decided to check them out. Drove the 3.5l Eco-Boost FX4 XLT and decided not to spend the money, plus they were only going to give me $4500 for the Titan. A month later, Titan starts getting worse, weighed options, decided to buy a new truck and cruised craigslist/used dealer inventory. Ended up going the new route. Rebates went up 1500, additional $1k for veterans, plus, I did not tell them about the new issues with Titan and after almost backing out again, they gave me $6500 for the Titan.
    Bottom line, I bought a 50K (don’t care to hear opinions) for 34K out the door. A lot of the lower mile used vehicles were close to the same price, plus I don’t like guessing how someone else maintained their vehicle. Initially, I hated the power delivery going from a 6.5L V8 to a 3.5L Twin Turbo. They made it to be economical, but it drives like an old lady truck until you get the turbos going. I’ve gotten used to it and really like it, especially when you hear the turbos. Has plenty of power, towed friends boat and even he said it pulled better than his Titan.
    I’ll be adding a tuner/cold air package that is supposed to make it drive like a truck and add 92hp/127tq.
    Gas mileage averages 19/20, mainly to work or to hunting area. I ride Harley year-round, so the truck rarely gets driven (so why buy new??, I know, blah blah blah). Oh, and the back-seat area is absolutely huge. We put a car seat in it and it still has about 9 inches between front seats. Plenty of room to put hunting gear.

***Picture is basically what I bought
    f150.jpg

8. successful failure

successful failure Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone had any experience with the Chevrolet colorados?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

9. StinkyMatt

StinkyMatt Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Any Honda over any GM, any day. Not even close on the retained value.

GM products are pretty nice when brand new......after a year or two not so much.

10. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Having grown up in a family that suffered from Japanese steel being dumped on the US market in the 80's, and being reminded of the Baton Death March every time I look at a Subaru, I find it difficult to financially support those companies. I will be the first to admit that competition from the Japanese auto industry really improved the quality of American cars, but I would still rather try to support American companies that produce products in the US, (not Mexico or Canada Ford). In the end, most of us go by experience and reputation, so by all means, get what makes you happy. My 99 cavalier was 800 miles short of 200k when I let it overheat and blow a head gasket when the thermostat stuck. My 90 Cherokee has 170k on it, and I'm expecting at least 100k more (and I got it for $500) so quality can be had.

11. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I went with a Chevy Tahoe Hybrid. Got a hella deal because of hail damage. But the dealership is fixing that for free.

ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1481228035.276965.jpg
    ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1481228049.060457.jpg
    ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1481228066.950205.jpg
    ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1481228089.069537.jpg

I get it on Saturday.

12. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sold my 2002 4x4 Z71 Suburban for a 2014 AWD Escalade.

Not as forgiving off road but much smoother on.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats man, very nice.

14. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just bought a new 2016 GMC Denali with the Dura Max.

Third one and have had no issues with any of them.