***Antlers Anonymous - Team 18***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by Garet, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ok I may have to wait til I get it back from my buddy whose doing a Euro mount for me. We scored it there, but forgot about posting the breakdown. Will it still count if it's like a month from now?

2. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wisco, I can ask and find out. Can your buddy send you one?

3. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    I hit a doe this evening. Got a lung for sure. Was a little high and forward but I have bubbles and a TON of blood. But, I have a 4 pt that keeps chasing her. I'm heart broken. Going to get flashlights and try again. Killed our phone lights. Coyotes barking, and little warm out, so want to get her. Would be my first archery deer.

4. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Rattled in a buck for the first time today at 9:20. Saw him 80-90 yards away walking away and gave him a couple grunts...seemed interested but kept walking. When i started to rattle I lost him behind an evergreen. All of a sudden I notice antlers coming my way 55 yards out. I stopped rattling and got up. He got to about 38 yards and stopped when he reached a trail that had been cut into the middle of the goldenrod. He couldn't see any deer and he got nervous and jogged back where he came from. Too bad he couldn't see my decoy as I believe that would have sealed the deal. My limit on a live target is 30 yards so I didn't even think about drawing. Not a huge huge deer, but id put im close to the low 120's give or take a few inches. Definitely would have let loose if he would have followed the same path as the buck I passed last week did, but that wasn't in the cards today for me. Went to my other property 6 shooter bucks on cam. Ive never ever got so many bucks on cam. Most are at night but the biggest guy came in at 10am on Tuesday to my mock. I have never seen so many bucks in one season and so many good deer in one season. To be honest I went 2 or 3 seasons with out this many buck sightings let alone nice buck sightings. What ever NYDEC is doing, its working in my area.

5. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Definitely wont be impressive to you guys out in the midwest, but for my area these deer are pretty darn nice. Id be happy with any of them although I might hold out for the one in the first pic or the one in the 5th pic. How old do you think the deer is on the first pic? Im thinking 3 1/2 years old.

EK000150.jpg

EK000147.jpg

EK000052.jpg

EK000149.jpg

PICT0411.jpg

PICT0457.jpg

6. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Found my doe. Within an hour of getting flashlights the coyotes got her. I am sick.

7. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow that's crazy! Are you keeping the doe?

8. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had a great few hunts last few days. Congrats pink I'm sorry you didn't get to her faster! Passed this guy tonight. Hard deer to let go!

9. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  10. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would have poop a cinderblock if I saw it while in stand.

11. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to call game commission on what to do. The coyotes ate hind quarters, front shoulder, the ear and part of nose. An hour and a half, two hours MAX.

Not sure how to go about doing this. If I get the okay to not tag it (I wouldn't eat it) - does it count for points...or?? 20 years hunting my husband never had this happen so quickly to a deer.

12. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Must have ran into a pack. Take pics either way. I don't see why it wouldn't count, but I understand if it doesn't if you don't have to tag it.

13. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry about the doe Pink. Hopefully you had some left to get a pic with her. Sucks when your first archery deer gets eaten by coyotes. I'm back at it in the morning. Had a decent sit this morning. Saw five bucks. Nothing huge. Didn't see any until almost 9:00 AM and then they were all over for about a half hour. Couldn't make it out his evening so to family stuff so planning on sitting morning and evening tomorrow. Got a good feeling about tomorrow!

14. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    I posted in scorecard. Tagged her will see what I find out. Won't be eating it, though. It's cold enough for night.

Saw her in woods then came down path. She walked into my window and I wasn't confident (had to tell myself breathe, focus, peep site, pin). Then she turned around and started walking back up. I got her to stop and she looked at me and I let the arrow go -18 yards. (Then I saw a 4pt turn and run) She stumbled face first then crashed in weeds before running up hill and into the woods by my husband. We let her sit almost an hour before tracking. Started right off bat with awesome blood. The whole time we tracked blood was pouring and had bubbles. Bad shot, but I got one lung. I couldn't even tell you how far she went. She zigged and zagged. Layed down then got up (3 times, under brush). Turns out 4pt was chasing her. We had him 10 yds away. Backed out at 730ish to get flash lights. Back in by 9 and she was chewed up by coyotes 30 yards from our last blood, behind a huge brush pile.

20161105_213742.jpg
    20161105_213449.jpg 20161105_213555.jpg

They even ate her ear!
    20161105_213614.jpg

Awful first archery deer memory!

15. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Our early season ends Saturday. I never go out late season - so this week is it. I just got permission to leave early from work a couple days this week. Have to work it around my coworkers, though. So, it's looking like Wednesday and Thursday. If it drops temps a little - I have a good feeling. Supposed to be 70 today. But, who knows, with the way they were moving Saturday - they may be out again.

16. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I thought pa's gun season starts later than NY's gun season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Our archery season starts first Saturday of October and ends November 12th. Then we have our (two week) rifle season starting November 28 - with first week being buck only. Then December 5-10th is buck or doe gun season.

If I don't get anything in early archery - I usually go out during rifle and get at least a doe to put meat in the freezer.

18. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What about the time between November 12 and November 28?

19. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah...peak rut - why PA (my area, at least) has nothing I have no clue.

20. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So you can't hunt that time?