NAP Spitfire Doublecross question

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by adamb22587, Oct 28, 2016.

1. adamb22587

adamb22587 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I recently purchased these and noticed something as I was playing with them. I noticed that when I was opening the bottom bleeders by hand that it took quite a bit of force for me to get them open. This is my first experience with mechanical broadheads and so it made me start to question whether or not these would open up and do their job. Am I getting inside my own head? Should these open easier than mine did? Thanks in advance for the help

2. StringPuller#1

StringPuller#1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    since 30 people viewed with no answer I'm shocked.
    If your bow and arrow produce enough punch power they should do fine. Sometimes I'll open and close them a few times to loosen them up a bit

3. adamb22587

adamb22587 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the tip and easing my nerves. Like I said this is my first mechanical broadhead so I wasn't sure if this would effect the functionality of the broadhead.

4. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've had no issues with mine. It performed as designed on targets and the only deer I've shot with it. It opened great on entry left a perfect blade width diamond shaped hole that really opened up to sbout twice that on exiting. The blood trail was very good.

5. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    They will open and perform for fine for you.

6. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I killed a doe with mine. While it was only one deer........I did have to shoot her 3 times...:moose: So it's almost like I've got the experience of shooting several with them......hah.

I'll say that every head opened exactly as it was supposed to. And all three of them left devastating entry holes. The two that exited left decent exit holes as well. I really like the heads a lot and will continue shooting them until something better comes along.