Film editing

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by alenhard15, Oct 18, 2016.

1. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So i am trying to self film this year and was wondering who else out there films and what software you use to edit the vidoes? anyone know any good free editing software that I can use on my mac?

2. DubleTap556

DubleTap556 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Most softwares now will give you a demo for 30 days. It's not the complete full version but I'm sure it will do what you need. I've done this a few times with Autocad.
    Check maybe photoshop? Not too familiar with video editing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is by far the best free software available for editing. I have no idea why they give it away because it is a very powerful editing software. It's not the full version, but it gives you everything you could want and way more.

Blackmagic Design: DaVinci Resolve 12

4. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    iMovie comes on the MAC and work great. This was done using iMovie some clips and trail cam pics.

[video]https://youtu.be/5qT6-MPcReg[/video]

5. SheddingLightTravis

SheddingLightTravis Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've used three different video editing softwares thus far. I started with Roxio Videowave. (No idea on cost) It was glitchy and shut down quite often so I had to save a lot and restart. I guess that could've been a computer issue but regardless it wasn't easy to use and there weren't many bells and whistles to it. I then got ProShow Producer. (Inherited it so I'm not sure on cost now) It had some bells and whistles. You could do some awesome title screen work and overlays. It had a good selection of transitions. It had a bit of a learning curve though and I probably didn't fully grasp all it could do. I recently bought MoviePlus by Serif.(one time $80) It is easy to use and does just about everything I want it to. I really like how you can easily control volume at different points of the video. It has a decent selection of overlays and transitions. I think I like ProShows wide variety of overlays and templates a tad better but Serif is way easier to use. I will probably use both in combination with each other.

One day I will probably drop the cash and get Adobe Premiere. (Monthly subscription-$20 a month I think) From all I've heard it is awesome and can do just about anything you could ever want. I think the movie Deadpool was edited with it. But we are just starting out and gotta worry more about shooting the deer on camera and less about editing software...and I don't need to be paying a monthly subscription just yet. Here's our highlight video I did using ProShow to make the title slide and ending and Serif for the rest. Shedding Light Outdoors Highlights - YouTube

6. Innovative Outdoorsman

Innovative Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Some very good options here.

7. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would either go with Davinci or Premiere Elements which is pretty cheap.

Personally I love the Adobe ecosystem as I use it for photo editing and graphic design for some 16+ years. I have the Creative Cloud subscription that gets me every program for $50/mo. Well worth it in my situation.

8. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Are most of these programs available for PC?

9. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, most should be.