***Antlers Anonymous - Team 18***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by Garet, Aug 15, 2016.

1. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey let out a giant mule kick and took off what looked to be draging his front right leg but I'm not sure but he couldnt run fast he tried to take off but looked he could only go so fast I watched him run for about 35 yards then disappeared behind trees and couldn't see him anymore I walked to were I last seen him then backed off cause I didn't wana jump him if he wasn't dead.

2. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    He ran back the way he came he didn't run under me he took off towards 3 trees into about 2000 acres of crp grass

3. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    He probably ran a couple hundred yards and bedded down. I would be surprised if someone bumped it in the Crp so you should be good there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going into neck surgery in few weeks cause I have 4 herniated discs in my neck and won't be able to bow hunt for a long while this my be my only shot on a deer this season this my be my only deer this season that's the only reason I took the shot normally I'd let him pass but my nerves got the best of me and I just couldn't believe it when he walked in after I posted how my spot sucked lol but that's the only reasoning for taking this shot sorry guys I hope I can recover him.

5. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    I was the only Hunter back that far and there was one other guy who came out before me so I know Noone bumped him at all I was the last one out of the woods

6. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    check on that again Buckeye. pretty sure you can. we did last year

7. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    Here's my spot it's about the middle of the trees behind the blue dot . The blue dot is were I last seen him before he exited the woods into the crp .

Attached Files:

8. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    It depends were your hunting by my house they don't allow dogs in at the public there are a few spots that you can were they allow dog training but not here at my spots there's no dog training it's only archery deer we can't shoot anything else unless it's a yote.

9. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    BEJ, good luck tracking in morning. I know when I hunted IL the coyotes were bad. Hopefully they don't find him first. Was it a nice buck?

No deer tonight. Gave a squirrel a haircut. Husband had about 7 different doe and 2 button bucks....right behind me on the field. I'm moving to the field next week. We can't hunt Sundays in PA.

10. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No need to explain the shot to me. I know I've taken some shots in the moment that I would have rather not taken. I'm rooting for you and I'm confident that you'll find him on the morning. Sounds like a one lung shot and should be done come morning time. I got one deer with a one lung hit and ended up finding it 6 hours later. He'd been dead for sometime already

11. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    Yes he's a great deer for public he's not a giant but a real nice deer a trophy in my eyes and for being only able to hunt public this year I just really wana find him I hate not finding an animal after being shot I've only ever had to back out twice before in my years of hunting this will be number 3 I just wana find him it's eating me up this is the second time I've ever shot a deer with this shot the first one ran 40 yards and tipped over now I'm kicking myself . But I'm going to call dnr in the morning to see if I can bring a dog out if I can't find him by 8 or 9 am

12. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What's done is done at this point. It's not the worst shot in the world. Blood trail will probably off and on but stick with it and you'll find him.

13. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    Well this sucks it's been down pouring since 4am here and still raining this is gona be one track job as soon as the rain let's up.

14. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's going to make it pretty tough

15. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    Well still haven't found him it's been on and off rain so far can't find anything anymore it's all washed away I've been grid searching since 7am and nothing I wish I had a person or 2 to help me track him and we can't bring dogs in this piece of public the grass is so tall like 6ft to 7ft and it's a wet marsh land alot of it from the rain now I'm stuck I don't know weather to keep going or to back out I was hoping I could rely on some birds after the rain the crows and turkey valchers usually find animals fast out here but there's no birds circling or flying above the grass yet this sucks so bad I'm so upset taking a break for now to eat something and drink then going back at it for a little bit I guess.

16. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Can you find a Facebook hunting group for your state? I see so many people who ask for help and so many who step up to help. Worth a shot to post something. Good luck.

17. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Take a break, eat and regroup. Call in a couple favors if you can and head back out there. I have no doubt he's down. Try to find anything that could influence where he can move and look there.

18. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    I've looked since 7am for him it's still raining here off and on I went to the truck to eat and and take a break to wait out a good rain shower then went back out my 2 hunting buddy's just moved to Minnesota so I have no one I did post for help on Facebook waiting to see if I get any replys I'm back home now I needed to take a break I'm so beat from walking around in the marsh and tall grass I jumped about 13 deer to so that spot is going to have to chill for a bit but I'm so damn upset I'm going to go back out in a hour or 2 after I rest a little and get my energy back I'm sorry guys this sucks.

19. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shot a doe years and years ago just like that got one long she went about 150 yards and died in a corn field. Tough blood since it didn't come out the bottom and the entry hole was so high. Good luck. That deer is dead just gotta find em

20. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    Well I think I'm giving up I can't find him or any blood I've looked and check every where it seems. I don't wana give up but I've been looking all day now and nothing I've used my on x maps to make sure I wasn't walking in the same trails or over my footsteps there's only so much i can do if I can't find him by last light I'm going to call it cause I have work in the morning this sucks so bad .