Redemptiom

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by cocowheats, Oct 10, 2016.

1. cocowheats

cocowheats Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok so I made an asstard of myself with a previous thread. (Cue link. Jk. Not posting it. But I was a jerk and gladly admit my mistakes and will take criticism like a man). Anyhow, I hunt in a city hunt in northern mn. It's shoot an antlerleas first and then you can shoot bucks. Well between my dad an I we had seen about 9 bucks and zero anterless. Frustrating. Well Friday morning my old man gonna hunt apple tree. I climb my tree an wind is ripping an swirling. I text him before sun up an say I'm leaving. Too windy for me. I'm a chicken. He sits. Sees three doe. They all bust him. Too windy and edgy.

So Friday nite he says he sleeping in. I say I'll try apple tree. Get text around 8. See any. Nah. So I was gonna sit till noon but been so slow and him getting busted Friday I figure I'm at ten. Checking watch waiting for ten. 0932 last time I recall checking. Hear a twig snap back rite. Turn and see doe fawn. Ten yards. Stand up and hope she don't see. Grab bow an loook back. She just chilling. So now I have to do a 180 and face my tree. So I slowly spin all the way to my rite.

I am turned all the way around and she needs to cover about five more yards. So she slowly does and is straight down wind. She is quartering towards me and getting kinda nervous. I decide wat Eva gonna pull back and try my luck. Pull back. She knows something wrong. I put pin on her shoulder and figure I can shoot right through it. Well I realease and hit high. She hits ground and gets up and struggles off with left front leg hanging. I see her go down. Track her thirty yards. Hit just above scapula , which was super nice and exit was in off armpit. Now I can shoot bone

So sad part is my old man missed next morning. But he will get it. IMG_0290.jpg

2. cocowheats

Dislikes Received:
    So still sorry for prev thread and sorry for sidewinder pic. Idk. Entrance is the real high mark. She was close Anyhow, I love the Duluth hunt and appreciate all the arrowhead bow hunter allince does. You guys are awesome and provide me opportunities I would never have. I am so grateful for what you all do. Especially bork.

3. JesseHunts

JesseHunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Where in Minnesota I hunt south eastern Minnesota

4. cocowheats

Dislikes Received:
    Duluth city hunt

5. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on your doe and good luck filling your buck tag.

6. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nice! Good luck on a buck now. We had some bruisers running around our house in Duluth. We moved North before I could sign up for the city hunt.

7. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    congrats on the doe asstard!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats!