CB's ladder stands

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by w33kender, Sep 29, 2016.

1. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I helped a buddy of mine move some of his stands over the summer and commented on how easy they are to set up and how secure they are to sit in. My wife hunts and agreed they were awesome so, she
    bought me one for our anniversary. It's a CB "Bow or Gun" Ladder Stand.

Bow and Gun Hunting Stands Augusta GA | Bow and Gun hunting stand Aiken SC

Sturdy but lightweight and easy to assemble, even in the field. What I really like about it is the chain and lever mechanism used instead of ratchet straps. So much faster to fasten.

I was skeptical about ladderstands for bowhunting but actually, I can use this on trees covered in vines I would never try with my climber. I hunted out of one recently; it was mounted on a pretty young sawtooth oak that was loaded with low limbs.

This won't be the last one I get. Pricey? Yes. But the easy assembly and installation is priceless imo.

2. Me53

Me53 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The video does not show the location of the lever very well...is it locked in on top of the seat? What does one go for?

3. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I really like the part in the video of the men in the stand not wearing a safety harness. Especially the one fastening the stand to the tree. Safety is so over rated. I kid I kid!

4. Tmpky

Tmpky Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    " I like it because i can lean against the rail and not fall out on my head" Best closing line of a tree stand brand i have heard in awhile! :usa:

5. w33kender

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, the lever is on the right edge of the seat (right...as you are facing the tree). The chain is on the left. Once you climb up and your buddy is holding the ladder from the ground, you bring the chain from left to right, and put a link through a small post on the lever. Then, you press the lever firmly in place, and slip a pin into a hole in the lever. Snug.

Obviously it will need adjusted so the tree doesn't grow around the chain if left in place.

6. w33kender

Dislikes Received:
    A little over $300. It's the shipping that's outrageous, I expect; it cannot be cheap to ship all that metal. My wife got a friend and his brother to pick it up in North Augusta and bring it to Columbia and then to a place close for us to pick up.

I realize it's cheaper to use a ladder with a traditional ratchet strap set up, but I hate using ratchets.

Another plus with these stands is (or so I was told) is that the metal tubing is thicker than the standard 1" on other stands, so thick it does not require a T-brace from the ladder to the tree.

When we put mine up earlier this week, it took us under five minutes.

7. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

he said it like he has fallen out of over stands and fell on his head