***November Reign - Team 17***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by 1jody256, Aug 15, 2016.

1. WIarrowslinger

WIarrowslinger Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like you guys all got some good bucks that you're going to be going after! Holt after hearing you describe that buck he must be HUGE! Hopefully you can catch up with him. I plan on checking my cameras in the next few days so hopefully I have something to post!

2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sort of! If he presents a shot I will def let one fly. That pic is from a property appx a half mile away. I may have him on ours but my buddy forgot I put cams up in early spring and didn't pull them for me. I'm going to try to get up there Monday and swap batteries and cards. Maybe I'll get lucky and I have him (or a better one) trotting thru. I had a ridiculous 14+ point with crab claws on every G point last year. Easy 170" deer. I Never a saw him (or got him) on daylight pics after Sept 24. Nobody we heard of got him so he may still be cruising around. Couple of other nice symmetrical 10s were around as well; 130-145 class.

3. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:

So I messed around with zoom/crop and I found out the big ones actually a 9! That should add a few more inches. Also, I think the pic from our property MAY be him...maybe.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Hard to tell but I'd be proud either way.

This one was also on our prop and will def get an arrow if he gives me a chance:

image.jpg

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  4. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Crap. Let me know if these last 3 pics didn't post. Just a link on my screen. Stupid iPads...

5. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea, just links and they don't work

6. Mo_bowhnter

Mo_bowhnter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I will hopefully get out and check cams this weekend although don't expect much in the way of bucks. I normally don't have a lot of bucks hanging around this time of year.

My season starts a week from today and the weather looks like it may be shaping up nice. I may have to take a half day and get that first sit in!

7. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome to see and hear about the good bucks you guys have to chase. I went to check my three local cams on Monday. Two were stolen and the third the memory card was missing. On Sunday I will be driving a couple hours south to camp to check two cams down there.

8. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Damn that sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Amazing. I've come across a couple of cams before, it never even crossed my mind to take them.
    It's a wonderful world we live in

10. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks...fixed them.
    not sure why they didn't work last time. Uploaded exactly same way as usual.

11. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had three stolen last year all on one property. I also lost that property do to it being sold back in the spring. These three from Monday were on three separate pieces of land.

I have probably had 15 cameras stolen in all. I even quit using them for three or four years up until last year and started using them again because I got permission on the land I mentioned above, that I now no longer have access to.

12. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can't imagine losing that many camera's, that sucks! Luckily I have only had 1 stolen and they broke the camera right off the tree and left the python cable. So they probably couldn't use it anyway.

13. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have been putting 2 or 3 cams out on Public land for 13 years now, and haven't had one stolen YET. I try to be discrete where I locate them. I HATE a thief!

14. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've had a cam sitting in Wisconsin since early spring. At this point, I'd be shocked if it's still there.

15. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The 9 is a stud! The last one, not a huge rack, but he looks like a mature shooter to me.

16. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    that was my thought as well. Love the width. Looks like a fully mature deer.

17. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Early,

Did you ever get the issue with your string stopper figured out?

18. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would say that the top 2 pics look like the same deer, if not you got 2 nice deer to go after!

19. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ok tomorrow is opening Day! I took off work so I can go sweet in the stand for the day! The temp will be in the 90's but I will have a perfect wind, same as last night when the bucks came out. Supposed to have thunder storms thru out mid day then clear for the evening. I bet the deer will pour out in the field after the rain! My plan is to hunt the morning at a different property and try to take a doe. Then go to other property mid day and hang stand according to the wind so I don't get winded. Then Just wait for the big boy to stroll on out!

20. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No. I took it out to Lancaster Archery and had them look at it. They put new Winners Choice strings on it just last year. The tech said there's nothing at all wrong with the bow, nothing. He checked the timing, and it was fine. Said there's no cam lean, which I knew, and the suppression system is fine as well. So, I guess that leaves operator error? haha My bow is shooting very accurately, and after many years of shooting, I haven't changed anything in terms of form. I'm not torquing, or my shooting wouldn't be accurate like it is. The string doesn't jump to the side on every shot, which makes it more of a puzzle. At this point, with the info/results I've gotten, I'm not concerned about it any longer. It's VERY ODD, but this case is closed! Thanks for asking.