Way off!!! Help plz

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Swink, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Swink

Swink Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just bought a halon 6 couple of weeks ago and love it!!! I'm shooting great up too 50 yards! Go too shoot one of my killzones from last year and it is all over the place wont keep a consistent group what should I do any help would be appreciated it thanks

2. Swink

Swink Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm shooting 29 inch draw 70 lbs carbon express mayhems

3. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If your field points are still on, I'd say maybe your Halon just doesn't like the Killzones? I've shot a lot of different BH's through my old bow and some shot good and some shot like crap. If it's not shooting consistent groups, I'd avoid trying to adjust anything until you can find a BH that at least shoots consistently in the same location. I'm assuming all the arrows are identical except for the FP and BH. I'm not a tuner at all so maybe some other guys will have better suggestions.

4. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Are you positive on your paper tuning? Are your fletchings hitting anything? When your shooting as fast of a bow as that everything needs to be perfect for consistency.

Example: I bought my Carbon spyder zt 30 this spring and paper tuned it. Killed a turkey and shot all summer. Went to paper test last week and found it was no longer perfect. Also had two arrows that were not lined up perfectly and fletchings were knocking one thing or another. Bows do break in and change a little I have found. May even be out of time a little.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  5. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Start at 10 yards and shoot 3 times at the same spot. Walk back 5 yards and do the same thing. See if you can determine when the groups breakdown.

6. Swink

Swink Newb

Dislikes Received:
    thanks guys and no the bow has never been paper tuned but weird thing is i bought the carbon express mayhems 350 this year and they shoot all over the place with broadheads but i have the speed freaks 55/70 from walmart i used last year and they shoot very consistent with the broadheads could the mayhems be the wrong arrow for my bow? but i planned on going too get it paper tuned this week

7. bow nut

bow nut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Very common problem, same here too

8. JesseHunts

JesseHunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Try to paper tune and or bare shaft tune