Rinehart taget question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by boilerman, Sep 5, 2016.

1. boilerman

boilerman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am thinking of buying a Rinehart 3-d target but there seems to quite a bit of difference between the styles. I am looking for a long lasting target but the price ranges from 200 to 600+ , so what are the differences between these. Is there a lower end and high end meaning the higher priced one will last longer? I don't want to buy the lower priced one to find out that I should of waited and got the more expensive one. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a Rinehart woodland buck blemished 2 years ago and I shoot a lot with my bow and crossbow and its still going strong. The broad head buck is a step up as the whole body is made out of the self healing foam I think, but I try to keep my shots in the vitals so the woodland has been fine for me. The only complaint is the spot underneath by the foreleg and the foam insert is a little thin and if you hit here you can blow a hole in it. Also the antlers are junk. The woodland is the size of probably a yearling deer, which I think is fine as if I can constantly connect with it then when I go out on a nice sized doe or buck I'll have no problem. If you can keep your shots in the vitals from heart on up the woodland buck is a great value. I think I paid like $159 for mine and I also bought a 18 n 1 target same blemished for $89 and its still going strong 2 years later as well. They are nice targets. You can find these blemished targets on Woodbury outfitters, sometimes Lancasters, and ebay.

3. boilerman

boilerman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, I never thought of blems before. I figured there had to be a difference as there is quite a price difference with them.

4. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Midway also sells a lot of blems

5. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We have a blemished woodland buck and a blemished booner buck. We are extremely happy with both.

I know some of their targets are for field points only while others are intended for broadheads also. We don't sling broadheads at our 3d targets mainly because of the cost of them (we have some cheap targets for broadhead use).

6. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The blems are usually minor blemishes like my 18 n 1 the paint didn't stick very well on one of the bullseye but otherwise its like any other one. My woodland buck might of had a gouge in some of the foam in the body. Makes absolutely no difference in the function plus I let mine sit out in the elements for most of the year anyway so it doesn't matter much.

7. Tmpky

Tmpky Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I dont think i have found one that has good antlers that stay yet.. MY kids usually carry them off somewhere before they make it the first year in my lawn.

8. Fezzik

Fezzik Newb

Dislikes Received:

All of this, I bought the woodland buck blemished from Woodbury. It's going on its second season and holding up just fine. The blemish was some bubbling on the rear legs