Under Armour and the Bowmar Bear

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Rick James, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bowmars should get some good lawyers and sue UA.

It was a legal hunt.

Kilboars Hunt Club

2. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They'd lose. Doesn't matter if it was a legal hunt or not, exactly what tj said earlier in the thread. Sponsors have to be in a win/win. Under armour was going to lose money because he speared a bear. All under armour has to say in court is that the actions were detrimental to their business.

3. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Between work, casual, and hunting I probably have well over $1000 in UA gear. I'm not buying another stitch until UA comes to their senses. And I've already emailed UA and told them so.

I respect Cam's response, but at the end of the day UA not only caved- they also denigrated (in writing!!!) the hunt itself. Boiled down, the Bowmars legally killed a game species over bait with a sharp pointy stick. How many of us do the exact same thing every season? If internet temper tantrums from grown jobless babies can get entire provinces/states to outlaw one version of sharp pointy stick killing, how quickly will they turn to the next sharp pointy stick? How broad/vague will these laws written by people who get no closer to their food source than Aisle 9 at Piggly Wiggly be? You think the average legislator knows (much less cares) about the difference between an arrow or a spear? what's next? Banning safaris to Africa because of death threats against 12 year old girls?

Animal Rights Activists Wish Death upon 12-Year-Old Female Hunter - Breitbart

Again- stand together or fall one by one.

4. JLhunts

JLhunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well said. Ive admired Cameron Hanes since i got into bow hunting. Id be lying if I said that response wasnt disappointing. I realize he has strong ties with his friend in UA and it would be hard to go against them but would have been nice to see him stand behind all hunting. No money of mine will ever go to UA.

5. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The Cam Hanes response didn't really do much for me. He's ok with his buddy falling to the anti hunter pressure, but just worded it extremely well.

If there were underlying issues with the Bowmar's them UA should have said so instead of saying they were cutting ties for the "reckless" killing of a bear.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Im a semi conspiracy theorist. Maybe the Bowmar's knew their sponsorship with UA was coming to an end, so in order to create a little fanfare and the potential of being picked up by another sponsorship, they kind of pushed the envelope on this hunt in hopes to create some free publicity. :)

7. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    But I would think they did the legal hunt because it was cool and hunters would want to watch it with them in their UA cloths.

Send lawyers Guns and money. The $h!t has hit the fans.

Kilboars Hunt Club

8. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Another UA hunter (Solo Hunter) did the "I support UA because UA supports me" statement.

That's going to be the response from most of these.

The only one I've really seen stand up is Steve Flores but it looks like he was already lining up with Sitka and he's not one of the bigger names.

9. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I honesty don't know who the Bowmans are and cant say I care.
    Sponsors drop people all the time, as is their right.
    But what they don't do is decry a legal method .
    Hell, just look around this forum and you'll see different opinions on what's ethical and what's right.
    Baiting,High fence,farming (How many in the UA hunt stable did I just hit with that rock?)......crossbow,compound,trad etc.
    At the end of the day if it's legal , go for it. It might not be what I'd do,but that's not the point.
    I swore off UA after their "Band of Ballers" crap.

And just to be a snot.......Kryptek is better anyway ( but more deer have probably been taken in long johns and wal mart camo than all others combined)

10. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pretty sure optifade elevated 2 is better. :tu:

11. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Poor little fuzzy bear :poke:

12. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You can tell the UA's response was more emotional than anything else. They are trying to be Moral in an industry that some call Immoral. I don't think they ever expected this kind of thing when they leaped into the hunting apparel business. Not all aspects of it is glamorous. You have never seen Realtree or Mossy Oak turn tail and run after a controversial kill. Why? Because all Realtree and Mossy Oak do is hunting apparel. UA is in a lot of markets, so they are trying to be more image conscious. I hope UA takes a HUGE financial hit behind this and it causes them to eventually pull out of the hunting industry. There are plenty of other to choose from.

13. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I could totally see this happening. Try to get one company to be the bad guy, and have all the other companies lining up with money to "do the right thing." This could end up being a windfall for them.

14. shawnhollback107

shawnhollback107 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I think it's pretty pathetic myself to drop her! How did the Indians use to hunt and kill animal's? Spears and bows! Wow, what a huge disappointment in my eyes that under armour will not support her. Personally dont where it. Because it's mode over seas and they want 80$+ for it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk