Under Armour and the Bowmar Bear

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Rick James, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not according to what Under Armour said.. thats my point.

2. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Justin I cannot disagree with anything you said man. And IMO they failed miserably in terminating under the circumstances especially with all the media involved. As I said just trying to point out it wasn't the first issue and for folks to expect other UA sponsored "big names" to speak out is a pretty high hope

3. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    I'm bored and drunk and know the other issues involved. Go find a unicorn

4. happyhunter

happyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not impressed with their gear... I own one piece, and not impressed. I think they are more enamoured with the click clack then the boom boom. I certainly hope hunters respond negatively.

5. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    Oh and not defending anyone. I think what they did is bull****. I also think Sarah didn't belong within UA. Her poor husband is caught in the middle
    For making an awesome kill that got into the wrong hands and created drama. It happens. Id wager if a certain other folks had thrown that spear the outcome would have been different. At least insure hope so!!!

6. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You make an excellent point when you say a person that represents their company should be damn well of their best interest. In a sense it's a partnership. The company needs the person being sponsored to represent their values and beliefs. If they don't agree on such, they part ways. This happens to athletes occasionally. On a smaller level it happens to all sorts of employees. If a company pays you and wants you to represent them in a certain light, and that isn't done, most companies won't endorse the person or persons. I do agree that the timing of this was extremely horrible and sends all the wrong messages to so many people. In my opinion it will be soon forgotten in a month and you won't hear a peep out of the other celebrity hunters that are endorsed by UA.

7. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    No I'm afraid you missed my point I'm afraid. At least I relation to the bear hunt. At least that wasn't what I was referring to in that comment .... But yes there was other things going on with Sarah not in line with UA or "Hunting" in general on social media well before this. I really don't condone their decision and hope they make a more clarifying statement... But I doubt that will happen

8. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    I know... And said I don't agree. It was a legal hunt. They are trying to spin it that he didn't pursue in a timely manner, we all know that game.

9. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    LOL I knew it!!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think its important for the hunting community to stand strong on this one and let UA know that what they did is not acceptable. No backbone whatsoever from a company that pretends to be the be all and end all of hardcore hunting.

11. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Cam Hanes is the first UA hunter to respond. A great response that is most likely going to calm a few folks down, however it doesn't change the unfortunate reality that a company which produces hunting products allowed anti-hunters to dictate their business decisions. That part is going to leave a bad taste in people's mouths regardless of how it's explained away simply as "life isn't fair." Still a very well written piece and a good read.

The more I read Cam's stuff and listen to him speak the more respect I have for the man.

Cameron Hanes | Facebook

12. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    See drunk TJ this is what I was talking about. He posted about the incident and did it in a way that I figured people would. Like JZ said, it's a well written response.

13. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I wonder how many people are going to change their minds about UA through all this. I'm never supporting them or buying their stuff, oh wait...I change my mind, love the ridge reaper line!

14. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree. It is a misfortune but that was a very well written response.

15. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Cam's post is well stated, and I agree the fact is still UA caved to social media pressure from anti's. I have some UA pieces, both hunting and regular athletic stuff. Heck I even have a couple UA "polo's" I wear to the office. Burning them does nothing to hurt UA, but I won't I will be buying any more of their gear unless they change their stance on supporting hunters hunting legally. I will chose to support companies that do not turn their back on hunters because a bunch of anti hunters are offended. All this taught them is every time they see an UA sponsored hunter doing something they don't like (which is everything) they will raise a stink and UA will cave.

16. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Cam Hanes is awesome! His dedication to this sport is unreal. The man just ran 205 miles for fun. Lol. I have a ton of respect and he handled this situation perfectly.

17. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They caved. Unlike TB, most of us don't have an insider pass for the latest Hunter/company conflicts, so we see UA dropping them over a spear hunt.

I expect the rest of the UA hunters to mirror Cams post because that was perfect. But some don't have that relationship, so we will see how they respond.

It'll be hard not supporting UA because I love their casual gear. But their hunting gear always sucked. IMO.

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is interesting to read the uproar but I am not swayed still not going to buy any UA stuff, I still don't care that a TV hunter lost a sponsor over their actions. What the guy did was legal and ethical but still hammers home a point I have recognized TV hunting is not doing hunters any favors. I understand that it is well within the rights of those who do it and those who watch it what they do is not wrong but there will always be plenty for an anti hunter to point at and dislike. Not that as a hunter that I will ever suppress my actions or change what I say to appease an anti hunter but I certainly am not out looking to verbally spar with an anti or vegan etc.

19. cwolf204

cwolf204 Newb

Dislikes Received:

Since you seem to have some additional insight, what are they referring to as reckless? I haven't seen the footage, not into spear hunting - I like my bow from a tree stand, was their a possibility of one of them getting really hurt from the hunt and that is there actual issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Cam reply is good, but UA still SUCKS for what they did.