Dems are fractured, in chaos, split, imploding and divided. A party in shambles

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Innovative Outdoorsman, Jul 26, 2016.

1. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    He is better than Hillary and the only candidate that has a chance to beat her.

2. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    well if all the people that said "I'd vote for Johnson if he had a chance to win" would actually vote for Johnson, he would actually have a chance :lol:

everyone just bows to the system and that is how we have ended with the choices of Trump vs Hillary

and I don't want to see either Trump or Hillary as POTUS, neither is worthy of a vote IMO, so I will not vote for either of them no matter how many times people try and guilt me with this false narrative that I'm somehow supporting Hillary

3. remmett70

Dislikes Received:
    It is not a false narrative. The majority of people who will vote for Johnson if they had to vote for either GOP or DEM would vote GOP. So them not voting is taking away a vote that would have gone to the GOP candidate in defeating the DEM candidate.

I'm all for voting third party in races where they can win, and getting them enough bodies in government so they become a legitimate political party. Deny all you want but Libertarian is not a viable party for PRESIDENT Today. If they are running for the House or Senate, or my local races by all means I will consider voting for them. But not today for President because they have NO chance of winning that office.

IMO Hillary would become worse than both Bill and Obama if she gets in office and I cannot allow myself to not do everything in my power to prevent that.

4. Innovative Outdoorsman

Innovative Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I didnt think that way of thinking was even a thing in today's day and age of education. Surprised there are folks still falling for this old (and bogus) chestnut)

5. remmett70

Dislikes Received:
    Can't deny math

6. Innovative Outdoorsman

Dislikes Received:
    LOL. I have both conservative and liberal friends and coworkers and relatives. Depending on which one Im talking to at the time, If I say I cant vote for either trump or hilda, I get

"Your non-vote is a vote for hillary"

Or

"Your non-vote is a vote for trump"

Which is it? It cant be both. Fact of the matter which is by the concept is bogus (and I thought long dead), not voting for either is not and never has been and never will be an aid for the other. If I dont vote for either because both are terrible, awful, despicable, lousy and unworthy options, then I have aided neither.

(Unless you are a dem in which case you will insist not voting is a vote for trump and if you are a Republican you will demand that its a vote for hillary)

Thats why I laugh at the silly notion and am shocked there are those that still cling to such a thing.

but you cited math. So the answer is 0+0=0. 0 cannot equal 1.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  7. remmett70

Dislikes Received:
    an election is not a 0+0 equation.

As I've stated, if you can look yourself in the mirror and honestly say both would be equally as bad, than go ahead and vote for Nobody or Johnson.

IF you believe one would be worse than the other, Not voting or voting Johnson is aiding the one you would not vote for if you had to choose between them.

My vote for Trump nullifies a vote for Hillary which makes it harder for her to get elected. It is a mathematical fact.

8. Innovative Outdoorsman

Dislikes Received:
    No. [FONT=&amp]Not voting for trump and not voting for Hillary is not voting for either. It grants neither and advantage. It in no way advantages the other. I cant stress this self evident truth strongly enough.

no vote for one has ever nullified a vote for another. It never has and never will. Get that out of your head right now. That is not how voting works. THats not how any of this works.
    [/FONT]

9. remmett70

Dislikes Received:
    If one person votes for trump, 2 need to vote for Hillary for her to win. If one votes for Hillary two need to vote for trump for him to win.

If one person doesn't vote for Trump Hillary only needs one vote to win.

Mathematical fact.

10. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is more of a dump Johnson rant than it is a vote Trump rant. It's sad people think Johnson is a libertarian or fiscal conservative. Of the other 11 governors who ran for president this year, only one had increased the debt of his state more than Johnson. He almost doubled NM's budget and took the state's debt from $1.8B to $4.6B, which is second most of any other governor who has run for president in the past 20 years. He's for open borders, amnesty, and abortion (which is a hot topic for many). Although he vetoed over 200 bills and cut taxes, he's no budget cutter or debt eliminator and he's not going to fix the illegals or handout issues. So I would like to know, what is making people vote FOR him? He's no libertarian or conservative so either the blinders are on, or people are voting for the least evil of 3 evils which they said other people shouldn't be doing between Hillary and Trump. :lol:

11. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Johnson certainly isn't the perfect Libertarian candidate either, I agree. At this point I'm voting for more 3rd party representation more than anything.

So while most people voting for Trump or Hillary are more voting against the other, you can say I'm voting against both of them.

12. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not anymore

13. Innovative Outdoorsman

Dislikes Received:
    so my no-vote is a vote for trump? Thats what my liberal co-works tell me. If I opt out, then I am letting trump win they say.

But you say my opting out is a vote for hillary. This math thing doesnt seem to stand up to scrutiny and is subject to party affiliation. Some say 0 = trump and others insist that 0 = hillary. I contend 0 = 0

Always has been and always will.

14. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That is a very fair answer.

15. remmett70

Dislikes Received:
    reading comprehension doesn't appear to be your strong suit.

16. Innovative Outdoorsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good grief, cheap jabs in lieu of substantive content??? I translate your comment to read "crap, you got me but I have to post something........ I'll try a weak insult and see it I can skate by."

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  17. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty much this, it's not going to change, until we change whom we put in office.

18. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think Trump is trying to through the election. He is a buffoon and saying all the wrong stuff. Your vote doesn't matter anyway the electoral college can be swayed just the the DNC did for Hillary. Until we get rid of the 2 party system "libertarian" doesn't really count yet the corruption will continue and the voice of the people will not be heard.

19. remmett70

Dislikes Received:
    Its either not comprehending or intentionally ignoring.

Not sure which is worse.

As I've said multiple times, and given example of both ways. IF you honestly can say neither of the two VIABLE options is better than the other go ahead and OPT out. IF a person feels one is better than the other, OPTING out is aiding the other because if they had NOT opted out they would have cast the vote for the one they thought better.

If you or anybody can look themselves in the mirror and honestly say, both Hillary and Trump are EQUALLY bad than fine Opt out but if not the only logical option is to vote the better option. If you think trump would be worse than Hillary vote Hillary, if you think Hillary would be worse than trump vote trump.

92' Clinton won because people Opted out and voted for Perot. can't let that happen again if possible.

20. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There arnt enough people that know who the man is or that he even exist to put a drop in a bucket. If you think dumb ppl in this country know who anyone is that the media doesnt shove down their throat, you live in a fantasy world. Why do you think every celebrity in existence has been doing the Hillary dance on tv? The sheep eat it up!