Mission Series

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by PinkPony, Jul 29, 2016.

1. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    When Mathews came out with the Mission series, the Mission Craze was a good bow that many recommended for a more affordable option. It also fits us small framed people well.

I am kind-of sort-of on the look out for a new bow. I want to get away from my pink one and go to a black (or maybe camo) bow. So, I was looking online and I see that the Mission series has a few more out.

Anyone have opinions on the Hype or Hype DT? I'm not to sure on the axle-to-axle length. It's a bit bigger than what I'm used to.

I really liked the Ballistic - but I cannot pull the weight that it comes in. I plan on making a trip to my dealer in the next month, regardless, just looking for opinions.

2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I understand the small frame. Being 5'5" and having T-Rex syndrome narrows our choice a little. Due to that I usually stick to a speed bow to get the energy I want to shoot expandables.

Question do you shoot out of ground blinds much? The 31" ATA may help more than it hurts. Unless you are shooting in really confined spaces you should be fine. IF shooting out of a blind just need to make sure top limb doesn't hit the top and in short people cases the bottom limb doesn't get the dirt or your knee.

Best case is to shoot it and see how you like it. If you have blind chair you use take it with you so you can try that too. Sounds weird but least you will know.

Good luck. :tu:

3. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    I have a blind, but 99% of my hunts are out of the tree. I think I sat in the blind once in the last three-four years.

I do plan on shooting it (and anything else that may catch my eye) whenever I make it there. I need to get my current bow restrung or a new one bought - so it'll be worth the trip there.

Thanks!

4. travisd78

travisd78 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The hype DT come with a string stop and the anti vibration inserts where the hype does not. My nephew just shot one at the pro shop and absolutely loved it. He is now going to buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. BowHuntingFever

BowHuntingFever Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I had the Hype DT last fall, and loved it. I would still have it if I just wouldn't have ever shot the Halon.

6. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    My husband is trading his z7 in and upgrading to the Halon - he too fell in love with it.

I think I am going to for sure try the Hype out. Or maybe the Jewel if I can force myself to spend that kind of money.

7. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    One of my good friends has a Hype DT,the difference between the Hype and Hype DT Is the DT has a string stop and harmonic dampener hence (DT stands for dampening technology).

I shot it a little and really liked it,it's a pretty smooth drawing bow and he could almost drive tacks at 30 yards with it.

Be sure to let us know what you end up with !

8. bow nut

bow nut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    New strings makes a huge difference. Feels like a new bow actually. If that's the route you go , I think it will be a big improvement for you. Try it, and slot less money that a different bow !

9. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My wife has the Jewel. The only kicker is that it is left handed. I've had to learn to shoot left handed so I can help her out. REALLY weird to shoot a 25" draw. Anyway, it is set at about 40lbs maybe a little less but it is coming out at 192 fps. It's a tiny little bow. Hers is camo. She loves it. Well balanced and smooth.
    Yes, it was that kind of money. OUCH.

Good Luck Kristen!!

10. Bowguy

Bowguy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mission makes some really good bows considering the price point. Mathews has women specific bows that you should look into as well as Bowtech n Elite. I've never obviously shot them but Elite bows draw super smooth. They all come in varying colors

11. OzarkLuke

OzarkLuke Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I bought the hype dt last year and have been very happy with it. Also bought a mission menace for my daughter. I hurt my shoulder and turned my hype down to 35 pounds then my daughter picked it up and loved it as well...she was disappointed when I turned it back up and she had to go back to her own bow.

12. killer chill-r

killer chill-r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe even a Chill SDX, short, light & plenty of speed. I had a ChillR & really liked it. Maybe check the Hoyts. Now I shoot a Spyder 30 & I really like it, smooth, no vibration, quite & plenty fast.

13. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    On nice thing about highly adjustable bows like the Hype and Hype DT is that they can be sold or given to almost anyone when you are done with it.

14. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all the tips! Will have to swing to the other shop to see Hoyt bows! Make it a rounded trip!