Have you ever bought something and feel stupid that you did not buy it sooner?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Sota, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So I bought and arrow spin tester on the e-bay got it yesterday, took a few minutes to spin a few arrows. Learned a few things about my arrows. Most of all I realized I should have bought one years ago.

2. RCW3D

RCW3D Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great...another gadget I now need! Thanks Sota! LOL!

One item for me, a Thermocell...after getting eaten alive hunting a marsh I bought one and realized how stupid I was for not getting one sooner.

3. blacknwhite

blacknwhite Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This now has me scared to spin my arrows.........

4. Farmer Brown

Farmer Brown Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    me too... now I'm nervous

5. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I experience the inverse usually. Buy something and later feel stupid I bought it. :biggrin: With arrows I usually use an arrow squaring tool on both ends and then again after I install the inserts if they have a face. Most spin close after that.

6. DickensCPA

DickensCPA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just recently spent more than usual on some arrows and they were delivered and I trek to local big box store and had them cut. Nearest dealer is way too far to drive to get arrows cut. I don't have two of the dozen anywhere close to the same length nor weight of course and on the insert end I see chips of carbon like a bad uneven cut.

Having bow chrono'd at the shop this past Saturday and he held the arrow in his hands kinda funny and blew the fletchings making it spin then walked over to the arrow spinner and put it on. He then asked me if I'd noticed erratic flight and spun it.

So, to cut it short - like you I have invested in a spinner. I also got the flex wand on my dremel and made my own arrow saw. I've fletched for a long time but always bought arrows already fletched and mainly re-fletched when needed.

From now on I'm buying bare shafts so I can cut both ends, fletching myself and spinning them.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I learned with my arrow spinner that there is a reason why things are cheaper. I bought 6 piledrivers off e-bay last summer saved $20. Well the fletching was not a factory job, they were not blazers as well. They are not bad but not as good as the factory installed blazers.