Hang On

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Berwickbuckmaster, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Berwickbuckmaster

Berwickbuckmaster Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Guys I'm looking for opinions on the best hang on for the dollar. Im willing to spend up to 175$ for a good, comfortable stand. Id like you to list your favorite, why its your favorite, and what i can look to spend. Thank you guys in advance!!

2. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Millenium 110U. Super comfortable. Can get Brackets to be able to have multiple setups for easy exit and entry. Makes it possible for me to sit all day and not wiggle around or have to constantly stand up. I sit all day a lot because I don't get a lot of time in the stand, so when I do, I stay. MSRP is $220 or so but you can get them for $175 or less. You can get extra brackets for $25.

3. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Look at the Hawk stands. Specifically the Hawk Helium XL. Great quality, great seat, light weight and quiet plus it has the bigger platform so you will feel safe standing up. Your feet won't hang off the end.

I have the Hawk Helium XL. You can find it for like $130 or so.

4. NCcrittergitter

NCcrittergitter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Take a look at the Guide Gear Ultra Comfort Hang-On Tree Stand
    Item # WX2-663261. it's a millenium M25 copy. Great stand for $71 plus free shipping right now.

5. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would ask do you plan to leave it out all season or hang and hunt?

Hang and hunt my choice is Lone Wolf. I had an Assault and was a great mobile stand. I wear size 12 and the small platform never once bothered me, but it does some folks. I can't hang stands right now due to some surgery so I sold it. But I would buy another one if I wanted that style. Plus they are American made.

If you want to leave it out all year I wouldn't spend a lot in case it gets stolen.

6. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hear these are good stands. Place here in town has them for $159 w/ free shipping.

7. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Is that $175 for just the stand, or including climbing sticks.

8. KY72

KY72 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love my milllenium M-100U. I have both the ratchet receiver and chain receiver. The ratchet is the way to go when hanging and hunting different sets. The chain on receiver is perfect for leaving out in the elements as it's chew proof and won't deteriorate. They are light, rock solid and comfortable. 4 lone wolf sticks and its just about a perfect system for me.

9. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ^THIS^ x 1000!! Most Comfortable Stands Made!!

10. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hear a lot of guys recommending the M100U. I looked them up and yes they do look very comfortable but not too keen on the way it attaches to the tree with that bracket and chain? I did look on their site and they have a strap one as well but it looks like those loud ratchet straps which I think would be noisy when setting up. Are you guys using a different strap or modifying it in anyway? I'm in the market for a new stand and I'm stuck between the Lone wolf Assault, XOP Vanish XT (coming out this summer) or one of the millennium stands.

11. mississippi hoyt shooter

mississippi hoyt shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Milllenium M-100 u is my favorite very comfortable

12. Jeepwillys

Dislikes Received:
    Like was mentioned, the chain can be a bit noisy if you're not careful. Once you get the "hang" of it, they are quit easy to set up. You can lock them to the tree and they are element/chew resistant. The strap, I've not personally used. I hear they aren't as loud as you think. Just make sure to pull all the slack out that you can, then ratchet slow.

I love them. I have back issues and couldn't sit or stand for more than 15 min stretches with out moving. This stand allows me to hunt all day with out being in pain or not being able to stand to shoot when the opportunity arises because of back stiffness.

13. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Did the stand show up Sam?

14. Berwickbuckmaster

Berwickbuckmaster Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome, sounds like I'll be looking at the Milleniums! Thanks guys!

15. AAA

AAA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The first thing for me that starts to ache is my knees. I find my stands with a footrest help significantly. The M100U doesn't come with a footrest correct? Has anyone purchased the attachment footrest? What about the bow holder?

16. Jeepwillys

Dislikes Received:
    I purchased the foot rest and it does help it to be even more comfortable. The M150U comes with it built in, I believe.
    I also purchased the bow holder and was not thoroughly impressed with it. Did the job but nothing special.

17. fox hollow 2

fox hollow 2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Do you guys ever have any trouble with the millennium stands seats holding water, or being really damp or wet (assuming you leave it out all year)? Especially in the mornings? This is something I have wondered about. I am in the market for some new hang on stands. I always use the muddy seat cushion on all my hang on stands. I just pack it (the cushion) in and out with me. It slides over the seat of most hang on stands. Works good, pretty comfy, and keeps my butt dry if it has been raining.

18. Fezzik

Fezzik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Can we get the name of this place? I was going to order one this week anyway

19. BigHackAttack

BigHackAttack Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a millennium M100U with 7 receivers. I have 5 stands in trees with climbing sticks (one-piece) already placed. I then have two ratchet straps with lone wolf sticks for run and gun sets. I have some money wrapped up in my set-ups, but it would be WAY more with any other treestand. I am extremely versatile with my choices and where I can hunt. Did I mention they are the MOST comfortable stand I have ever sat in. All day hunts are doable with these stands.

20. Fezzik

Fezzik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Big thank you to Foodplot for the heads up on the M100U deal. its at rogers sporting goods for 159 shipped

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016