Poll: Who would you want as a role model for your children?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Swampthing, Jul 26, 2016.

?

Who would you prefer as a role model(s) for your children?

1. Donald Trump/Melania Trump

58.3%
  2. Barack Obama/Michelle Obama

41.7%
  1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Okay I've flipped...if forced I'm going to pick Trumps. For 30 years the man has been in the spotlight...been on more Today Shows, Fox & Friends, CNN and multiple TV shows; not once was he called a racist/bigot/evil. For only a mere 8 years Obama has said and done things that make me personally question his morals and character but more importantly his love of his country.

I'll go with the adulterous Trump sadly.

2. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would have to pick Trump, he did build an empire while some of his building methods I don't agree with he didn't get where he is by apologizing for every little thing. Obummer doesn't like this country and that was clear from the day he was elected. I would rather have my kids have a work ethic and strive to get want they want then have them feel like they are entitled to have it.

3. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have not seen a time when I would ever say the obama's and I am surprised they got chosen as much as they have. He has on multiple times put police lives in harms way with his BS comments to push his agenda and rile up the crazy liberals. He has also proven to not give a damn about our constitution except when it works in his favor. His wife had the nerve to say the first time she was proud of the American flag was when he was elected President. I am sorry he was voted a state senator, you were not proud then? She wants to talk slaves plenty but has WAY MORE servants than any other first lady. I could go on and on. The obama's are complete POS in my opinion and I feel I would be doing a disservice to my children to want them to be their role models.

4. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have kids so this poll is not for me, but I was a kid once and know a lot of kids.

Do your kids really understand politics and talk to you about Obama and Michelle or whoever was the President and First Lady at that time?

Is that what the lack of cartoons has come to and all of these educational programs that replaced them? I guess that would explain the popularity of Bernie.

5. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have no personal experience with either one of them. Only experience I have is media created and I don't trust the media. Behind closed doors every family is different than on the surface.

6. Swampthing

Swampthing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My kids are 3 and 1, so no, they do not understand politics. And to be honest, I would prefer they come to discover their own set beliefs, and not be influenced by mine, so I will most likely keep political conversations with them to a minimum until they are adults.

That being said, they will likely see these figures on television (not necessarily Obama or Trump, just politicians in general) as they grow up, so I personally prefer the president/first lady be a person who speaks respectfully of others and generally conducts themselves in a manner that I would expect of my children, regardless of their political stance.

7. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So, you'd be generally put off by someone that was never proud of their country until their partner was elected president (even though he's been a senator for a while and a guy who speaks disrespectfully of law enforcement...you know when they act stupidly but really didn't or someone who says the other party can come along but must ride in the back of the bus or someone who ignores clear and present danger because they are sympathetic to Islam?

8. Swampthing

Swampthing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is that one question? :lol:

9. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, yes it is. Poor grammar but I get by with it because that's just my style.