Elite, why did I ever leave ???

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ontarget7, Jul 27, 2016.

1. ontarget7

ontarget7 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I said this when I went back to Elite with the Energy 32 and it shot amazing for me. It was one of those bows I could shoot well with little effort. What do I do ? I turn around and sold the E32.

Now 2016 rolls around and after having a very good variety of bows I liked, I am settling in with the Impulse 31.

I just need to stop leaving and stay put, LOL.

I have shot and tuned a lot of bows over the years but Elite is just one of those that comes easy. I believe Levi Morgan said it best, its nice to have more time to concentrate on the shot. Referring to that locked in hold at full draw.

It's still a fine tuning process because I feel to little holding weight produces more pin float. Finding the right holding weight to suit your needs and still have a nice valley is really a luxury.

The Impulse 31 is everything the E32 was missing and not lacking in forgiveness one bit. Other bows with these types of speeds will fight you a little at full draw. The I31 is not just another bow. It has excellent speeds and an overachiever, coming in well over its rating.

With a very busy schedule, Elite is just one of those bows I can pick up with very little time behind it, or long stretches in between shooting and be back right where I left off.

Lots of great choice out there today.....

Elite is definitely one of those great choices.

In Preparation of the upcoming season, double checking sight tapes at different yardages to make sure there are no surprises and inconsistencies every chance I get.

3 arrows early this morning and the Impulse 31 really makes it feel easy at 70 yards

Is it August 20th yet ?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What happened to the BT-X

3. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Elite does make a great bow. I have the same problem and keep jumping around. I need to settle on in and stop this vicious cycle. :tu:

4. ontarget7

ontarget7 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    With over 80 miles on the ground this preseason in one of the more rugged units in the state that I drew an elk tag for I realized I needed something that would stand up to more abuse.
    Another reason is the 2 track holding their tunes very well. With equal loads on the cables even if you get a little stretch cam synch seems to hold true.

Just wanted simple and more rugged for this hunt and I have always shot them very well.

Love the BT-X but made the switch for those reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet rig !!

6. graybeard

graybeard Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've had 9 compound bows over thirty years, and no window decals. Now I have an Elite, and I like it so much I put the decal on my truck. Probably won't live long enough to trade this one. No need to. I have to shoot different dots on the Block to keep from ruining nocks.