Nu Fletch APE arrow fletchings and Ignitor Lighted Nocks?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Hillbilly Jedi, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone ever use either of these products before? I saw an advertisement for them and checked out their website. The APE arrow fletchings look pretty neat the way they slide into the adapter and you don't have to use any glue or anything. The lighted nocks look a little more cumbersome than my Nocturnal nocks I currently use. Anyway, if anyone has any experience let me know. Here's the link below if you wanna check them out.

Nufletch Archery | Featuring Ignitor Lighted Nocks

2. bow nut

bow nut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How heavy are they, just be careful, will screw up your FOC if concerned!

3. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I started shooting the ignitor lighted nocks lat season and I really like them. After you put the insert into you arrow I just leave the light out all summer while shooting then come hunting season I just put the light in and I'm good to go. Hope this help let me know if you have any other questions about them

4. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They say the APE fletchings add 50g of weight to the arrow. However your arrow will be shorter since you are adding the APE tail length to the back of the arrow. Their video says adding this weight gives the arrow better balance and additionally shortening your arrow will increase the stiffness. Their video says standard arrows have about 10% to 14% FOC and adding the APE tail fletchings will typically put the FOC at 3% to 4%.

After reading more about FOC on the Gold Tip website, I'm not sure if having it this low is good. I will take a look at the nocks though. I like the idea of being able to shoot the same nock all the time when practicing. I love my Nocturnals but I don't shoot them for practice cause you have to turn them off every time.

5. bow nut

bow nut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, problem I was having