security boxes

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by rick-florida, Jun 3, 2016.

1. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Any thoughts on the Browning security box for their cameras? Am putting in a dark ops elite camera on public land and thought if sturdy, the security box may be worthwhile.

2. Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought mine for my strike force. It works well but it only keeps an honest person honest. Someone could easily clip the chain or the metal piece locking the two parts of the box together. It is also really loud. I would always check my camera when I walked in to hunt and I would have to be really careful not to make loud metal clinging noises with the box.

With all that being said I like the box. If i get another trail camera I will buy a security box for it. Also my camera is on public land

3. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    All of my cameras have security boxes and they are on private land. Every year I catch pictures of trespassers and would be thieves. Cheap insurance, nothing is full proof but i haven't lost one yet.

4. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have boxes on nearly all my cameras, no experience with the Browning. But as has been said, they only keep an honest man honest. If someone wants it bad enough they will get it.

Blessings...........Pastorjim

5. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    thanks for your help. I'll go with the security box as well. if nothing else they'll have to work a little to get the camera vice just unhook a couple bungies.

6. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just Curious……..Does anyone remember when most people were honest? Or does anyone remember when parents (2) Yeah (2) parents taught their kids respect and values, not how to abuse the system for everything and anything they could milk the system for. We were poor growing up and my parents would and did work 2 jobs a piece and would never take one dime out of pride of providing for us from a government handout program. If you did wrong you were punished, not given unlimited excuses why johhny is a bad boy. Johnny got whooped. Well folks its time to take responsibility back.

7. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    To answer your question, yes I can remember when most people were honest, and I still think the majority of people are. It's just that the dishonest ones are increasing in number at a very fast pace. No one seems to have the right kind of pride anymore. They are out to get all they can for free and be proud of that, instead of being proud of what they work for. And the parents can't teach honesty and respect if they themselves don't understand or possess those values. I'm afraid that these situations are only going to get worse as time goes on.

Blessings..........Pastorjim