Quick Camera Question

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by lgreenslade3, May 9, 2016.

1. lgreenslade3

lgreenslade3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So right now I have a cheaper Canon vixia hf20 camcorder. I have been using a family friends DSLR for awhile to film but they recently wanted it back. Well long story short I found a almost new canon xa10 for what I think is a really good price (600$). What would you guys do? Get this camera or go with a DSLR. I'm wanting nice footage for a company that I am affiliated with.

2. choppersk61

choppersk61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Get a DSLR if you want to do photography first

Get a Camcorder if you want to shoot movies

Get a Point and Shoot camera if you want to take pictures...

3. macsolocam

macsolocam Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    DSLR like said already if you have intentions of photography, pics at family events, kids all that stuff, I own a t5i and love it but if you'll solely use it for recording hunts a camcorder like the xa10 may be easier.

The DSLR just really has some amazing video capabilities but you'll be running a shotgun mic or have to use external mics and dub it in later, also you'll probly end up over 600$ after an extra lens, ID say in my opinion camcorder is easier but DSLR is fantastic video quality just more work in hunting perspective

"Couldn't think of a good Signature"

4. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you can get a XA10 for 600 I would go that route then pick up a DSLR later if you really want one. DSLR you can get good footage but quality lenses and a good DSLR camera can be a bit steep. to me the 600 sounds like a good price and can get you some quality footage. On the XA10 you are however limited to 10X zoom. Not sure if thats a factor for you are not.

5. lgreenslade3

lgreenslade3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I was thinking about that also. I will be using it for just bowhunting so thats a plus but i'm concerned about if I'm hunting a big open field and there are deer on the other side the quality might not be there.