Turkey Team #4 Snood Deflaters.

Discussion in '2016 Turkey Contest' started by foodplot19, Mar 17, 2016.

1. timmy_ar

timmy_ar Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well KY didn't go as planned. Lol. Had a young tom with 3 Jakes come in about an hour after fly down. Wouldn't commit and only came to about 62 yards. So I grabbed the boom stick. I've killed birds out to 70 yards with it no problem before. Well winchester decided to quit making my extended range shells and make the new long beard xr. Big mistake. They are horrible. I missed him twice and got it all on film. Horrible feeling. Indiana season finally opens Wed and I'll be back in blind with my bow more often. Got a few nice ones figured out as of now so we shall see.

2. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Heading down to SC next week. Looking forward to putting a Tom on the ground!

3. DriveTacks

DriveTacks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well it all starts Sunday up here, still don't know where I'm going to hunt. Have a few options and a few days to figure where I will start. Still have to fine tune my bow and get the bull heads dialed in. My avian jake should be delivered today or tomorrow, my new Cody glass call and a new blind chair from cabelas got delivered earlier this week. Picked up a new set of diaphragms from a local guy that I'm blown away with. Needless to say I'm ready to get in the woods, watching guys hunt for the last 2+ months had been difficult. Some seasons are already finished!

4. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We've had really miserable weather here this week. Hoping that the rain holds off tomorrow so I can give it another try. If not tomorrow, then Sunday. Good Luck everyone!!

5. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Next weekend is the start for me guys. For those of you hunting already, keep at it! Glad to see you guys having a blast! :tu:

6. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good hunting guys!

7. anthonyzink

anthonyzink Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be out maybe tonight or tomorrow finally after 2 straight days of rain and wind here in Kansas!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. DriveTacks

Dislikes Received:
    Last minute but my new single pin and Magnus bullheads are tuned and ready to go. Scouted the area I was planning to hunt and it was completely silent this morning. Just got offered a local farm to hunt that I've never been on, but it looks incredible from Google earth, think I'm just going to go blind. I'll Learn a new farm at least!

9. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    Good Luck!

10. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    Setting here in the blind. Hard to believe, as good lookin' as this decoy is, no one has come to see her yet.

11. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    Did call a hen within 10'. Problem is, she didn't bring her boyfriend with her.

12. DriveTacks

Dislikes Received:
    Well I got a text last night saying a big tom had been seen in one of our fields at camp that I had scouted, so I changed plans and went up and set up not knowing where he was. As soon as I had the blind set he started gobbling from the roost, I would have like to have been a little closer but didn't dare make a bunch of noise moving knowing he was alert. As soon as I got settled in I realized I wasn't alone in the field, I thought there was a hen calling in the opposite corner but quickly realized I had competition. The bird finally mad his way towards me still out of sight but gobbled within 80 or so yards, he then cut into the woods within 50 yards drumming and spitting like crazy, I figured he was on a string at this point and would break into the open as soon as he saw the decoys but the sounds slowly just faded away into the woods. I think the other Hunter may have realized the gig was up for him and decided to stand up and walk out, busting the bird for me. I believe he had a visual on the bird from the moment he hit the ground, and obviously could hear me calling and likely see the top of my blind just over the rise In the field. I did end up seeing 5 jakes down on the opposite end of the field, they wanted nothing to do with me or my calling! But over all for my first day ever hunting turkeys up there it was pretty successful, and I believe I will be investing in some posted signs for next season. Just got offered another farm in a great area that my buddy tried to hunt today for his first ever hunt. He had birds all over him but they wouldn't commit. Just have to find time to hunt now! [​IMG]

13. anthonyzink

Dislikes Received:
    Out for a morning hunt finally trying to get my buddy tagged out for his first ever turkey season!!!

14. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't have any luck yesterday. The one that I was "talking" to quit gobbling about 8:30. Not sure if someone came out of the house and spooked him a little or what. Either way, when I walked up from the bottoms he was in the food plot just feeding along without a care in the world.
    Back at work today.

15. anthonyzink

Dislikes Received:
    Well no luck this morning didn't hear even one gobble but moved my blind to the other side of my lease...happened to be getting ready to leave and me and my buddy glassed 6-10 birds in the opposite field. Hopefully get a chance to head out this afternoon but if not I'll be out in the morning for sure

16. P&YChaser

P&YChaser Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm going back up the weekend after Mother's Day with my two 5 year olds to try and get a bird with them in the blind. This will be the third year they've been coming hunting with me, and so far we have yet to see a bird, not sure if that's a bad job by me, or the fact that they usually only make it an hour before wanting to walk around instead of sit still. I'm hoping this is the year that we catch lightning in a bottle :bow:

17. anthonyzink

Dislikes Received:
    Well out on an evening hunt trying to punch my buddy's last tag!!![​IMG]

18. anthonyzink

Dislikes Received:
    Once last hunt for the week and I finally have some birds talking again!!![​IMG]

19. cslater3

cslater3 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Having some terrible luck this year. Haven't seen or heard a single bird on any of the properties I have permission on. Got a new place a farmer told me I could hunt with a few dozen turkeys supposedly hanging out. Well see on Saturday.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

20. anthonyzink

Dislikes Received:
    Well had 2 good birds at 100 yards this morning but they wouldn't commit!!! Going for a short afternoon hunt then I'm done for a couple weeks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk