2016 Colorado Elk camp invite!

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by soccerdan90, Jan 16, 2016.

1. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just over 5 months left!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Gents, the camp is definitely on in unit 45! Who can argue with 180 inch mulies? The elk are there...we just need to find them in that vast wilderness landscape. We are going to try a few new areas within unit 45...untouched ground.

Yes, the camp is open to anyone willing to venture west. It looks like we'll have a few more hunters from outside the US- a thing I truly love! I canno t wait and look forward to seeing you all!

3. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    God willing and I'm able, I'm in if y'all can tolerate a half yankee/half southerner. :)

I have no idea how I'll get to CO yet but if there are any other flatlanders within a state or so of NC perhaps we can work something out.

I've been working to try to get this old body into shape...Down 30# since Christmas and more to do...

4. orzow

orzow Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Will, thanks for your hospitality!!

5. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    No thanks needed. This is my way of giving back to the hunting community which has given so much to me! Also, This is a great way for brothers of the bow to come together. The networking that occurs here is beyond belief! Those that have been here will testify! The friendships made bridge generations. Sharing, in my opinion, made hunters revered. This camp has all the potential...it should not be missed.

6. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    Good to see you chiming in! I've been busy going through my gear list and researching different products. I don't know if I should thank you or be mad at you for lighting this fire! Planning and looking forward to this trip has helped me get my mind off my life problems.

7. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    If nothing else Dan, this camp was designed to do exactly that...get the mind off. But as you know, there is so much more. It does my heart well to see the support coming from friends (family) you met here for the first time. Again, the support is a huge reason why I do this, and buddy you have mine!

Now that I have seen this post, I will check back in on a regular basis. Ask questions and I will do my best to respond.

8. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    Ya I met some good solid people out there. I'd go again to just sit in camp and meet people. The atmosphere is great.

9. Bails-UK

Bails-UK Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just wanna fly out and get there already!!!, I should be hooking up with you Guys mid week(21st-22nd Sept), I gotta show littleman(Dan) how much fun it is doing it the hard way. With that said, I cannot wait to meet up with my distant brotherhood(The No Namer's), we'll be sharing and comparing hunting stories and also those near misses. So looking forward to catching up with you all, I won't be hard to miss ;)
    I'm doing all I can do at the moment to get fit, running, walking, biking, just got a small obstacle to get through first, I get married this Saturday lol and I need to find another job, as I got made redundant 2 weeks ago..... The wedding is all sorted, the job is just a glitch in whats been a terrible 9 months.... I'll explain when I get there, rather not go into it on here.

Anyways get reading up, get fit and take up Will's offer of a trip you will be telling your kids about, trust me I have some awesome memories from this Camp.

10. Bails-UK

Bails-UK Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  11. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    Little man? That my nickname now? Lol. The hard way is going to be a whole lot more fun with me around! Someone's got to have a good personality because you sure as hell don't!

12. Alphamaxkrs

Alphamaxkrs Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This is probably the most awesome offer I've ever heard of. I'm new on here and don't have too many years bowhunting yet but I hope someday I make it out for an elk hunt again to find an offer like this is unbelievable to me...hopefully someday

13. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    It is a blast! I hope you can make it!

14. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats! I bet no one has forgot this deer. Got my mail this morning and noticed the front cover of Pope & Young's magazine.

[​IMG]

15. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    LOL...Greg was on cloud nine after arrowing that buck, and I'm terribly happy for him. However, the deer that was with Greg's buck is the deer that haunts me. Greg's deer scored 186 and was standing next to a deer that was easily 230. I got to study both for a while-while the boys were stalking. At the time, I was thinking Greg's deer was a five on a one to ten scale. The bigger deer was a perfect TEN. I could not take my binocs off him. The genetics are there......

16. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    He was probably aiming for the bigger deer and missed!

17. frogtosser

frogtosser Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ha ha Dan, but I didn't get a shot at the big boy. I would have loved to get him on film though but was too busy running down the mountain after him. Not sure if I'll be able to make it this year though with taking time off for moving and using too much vacation already with the family.

18. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Greg, if you don't make it, you will be missed! We'll catch you on the next one.

Dan, never mess with Sasquatch!

19. frogtosser

frogtosser Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    And I'll definitely be applying for your unit to the south next year Will. And by then I'll have an extra week of vacation

20. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I skip town for a week and come back to see the camp fire is burning...

Will,
    Any word on attendance from:
    -Alaska Rob?
    -Sexy Rexy?
    -Aussie John?

I've had a few messages with the TX boys and expect them to make their annual trip...and Utah Justin trying to swing it again as well. I always look forward to it!

Greg - can't you find a way to arrange to work remotely from Red Cliff that week?:)