HECS hunting suit

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by jcz, Mar 23, 2016.

1. spiker44

spiker44 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Early in. I heard about them ozone thingys. Heard a tree stand hunter, on a calm day, breathed too much of that ozone and floated off into the sky. Lucky he had on a safety restraint. They used the rope to pull him back down. Just kidding. let me know how that gizmo works. My bud has one and swears by it.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Explain to me how a deer walks into an area that is up wind of you and is not spooked, but then just kinda stops, pauses and takes a different path. That deer did not know there was a hunter there, but something alerted them to change their path. I have seen this happen dozens of times.

Have you ever had the hair on the back of you neck stand up and then you realize someone is behind you. You didn't hear them or see them, but you sensed them.

We all know deer can see, hear and smell us, but what if they do have that extra sense more developed than we do. There are many marine animals that use electrical pulses to identify their prey. Who's to say how developed those senses are in other animals.

I have no experience and honestly have no idea how well the suits work, but I personally believe there is actually real science behind the idea. Obviously you have to deceive your prey at every level to have success, so saying that they don't work because someone wore it and turkeys saw them is not evidence that suit didn't work. It's evidence that the hunter didn't do a good enough job at concealing himself.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Things transmit different in water vs air

4. Bo.

Bo. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    im open! im sure there are a lot of gimmicks...but I caint knock it till I try it I reckon.

if it does what it says it does....its well worth the 150....but I dunno....have to hear more real world hunter feedback on it first

5. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, that is cool!

6. SharpEyeSam

Dislikes Received:
    It is widely known that all objects whether inanimate or not emit a certain level of electromagnetic energy. I think animals have an ability to detect this. I don't think they totally rely on it, but use it along with all their other senses to determine if something is a threat. If using HECS makes you that much more stealthier, go for it. I can see the benefit of it along with a good scent control regiment and playing the wind.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  7. TKP030

TKP030 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can see how it could work. About the only way I'd buy a pair is if they had a base layer to go under my UA scent control outer layers

8. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sky, he was actually trying to recreate what their advertisement, with video, indicated their product would allow you to do. The video shows someone in a hecs suit actually walking, stalking up on a wild turkey in a field setting. Now I don't know about you but I have hunted turkeys for a long time and I have never been able to do what they purported. Neither could my brother, he couldn't even get the turkeys to within 150 yards. It wasn't about "concealing" it was about proving or disproving their advertising which I happen to think is not portrayed correctly as to what the suit would allow a hunter to do. Just my opinion and not getting into all the electromagnetic stuff, that is too deep for my simple mind.

9. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can finally see what is happening now. things will be invented til we just go out and kill without having to learn how to hunt. what happens when the challenges are taken out of hunting and everyone kills everytime out? people will get bored with our sport and quit. keeping the challenges in hunting is what has us striving for the next hunt. once all this crap gets us killing monsters all the time this sport is history. wouldn't it be easier to go hunt tame deer? that's ultimately what the industry is trying to do. once we are 100% undetected regardless of wind or hunting pressure we should be able to hunt with pocket knives. just walk up to a giant buck and cut his throat and he will never know what happened. if a deer busts you with any one of these gadgets then you have been fooled by marketing once again. just another way to make a quick dollar.

Keep the Hunt in the Hunter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not knowing me very well, I guess you missed one of my better examples of sarcasm. Wouldn't use one if they were giving them away.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure if the scentlok goes over or under the HECS suit?

12. SharpEyeSam

Dislikes Received:
    I would say under the Scent Lok suit. If I decide to buy one, I will wear it under mine. Your body is what is emitting the electromagnetic field so I would get it as close to my body as possible.

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was being sarcastic Sam. If you have been a successful hunter in the past why would you buy one?

14. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Lol! Why do you wear camo? Why do we use broadheads made of steel, arrows out of carbon or aluminum, why do we use deer calls, 4wd trucks, ATVs, why use tree stands or pop-up blinds or thinsulate or gore-tex, scent concealment products....

I mean hunters were successful without camo, with flint points, wood arrows, without calls or antlers, on foot, off the ground in a natural blind without waterproof or insulated clothing and without "scent control"... so what would anyone buy any of that crap?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have no need to buy another gimmick to be successful, I am doing just fine with my current set up. I am shocked that the skeptical attitude I have is dismissed because really you think people should dump out their wallets for a product that sounds a little far fetched?

16. Hoytxhunter

Hoytxhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Why did someone start another "Joke of the day" thread

17. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you got caught in a lightning storm wouldn't you became a giant lightning rod? LOL

18. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:

I never said anyone should dump out their wallets. Did I say I had one? Did I say to buy one? Nope. But is it really your job to police what everyone else decides to buy? Whether you think it's a gimmick or not, there is legitimate science behind the product. But to ask someone why they would buy something if they had been successful in the past...

19. SheddingLightTravis

SheddingLightTravis Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm still hunting in red flannel. What's this newfangled thing called camo? It ain't fair to dress like a tree. Got to give the critters a fighting chance. ;)

20. SharpEyeSam

Dislikes Received:
    Oh ok. I thought you were asking to see what way worked best.