When is the right time to declare martial law in Chicago?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by virginiashadow, Mar 2, 2016.

1. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Chicago has hurt the state of Illinois for years and most people that live down state wish Chicago was not apart of the state. I really enjoy the Blackhawks, but they can have the rest. Solution? I would treat it like a war zone and kill em.

2. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This thread pretty much sums up why I will never live in a big city. Where I live now has a metro area population of around 200k which to me is about the perfect size.

3. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I actually enjoy Chicago, downtown and the northern burbs are great between the shopping, food, nightlife, and museums there is a lot to enjoy. That portion that sucks shouldn't reflect the whole city.

4. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think it is easy to paint everyone in Chicago with the same brush but that is simply not true. I am sure there are good and decent people that live and work in Chicago with the same goals and aspirations as the rest of us but you have a minority of idiots that create a horrible environment for all. My gripe is the protectionism of these idiots by these communities. The entitlement mentality that is pervasive. The war on poverty has been going on for decades and for the trillions of dollars that have been spent there has been absolutely zero improvement. Martial law is not the answer in my opinion but these communities need to look at themselves in the mirror and accept responsibility rather than blaming it on racism, bigotry, slavery, etc. etc. etc. This country was founded upon a pull yourself up by your own bootstrap mentality, this was the land of opportunity, if you applied yourself then you could rise up. I do not see that in these communities, what I see is a victim mentality. I think we are still a land of opportunity, those opportunities exist, but it is up to each of us whether we avail ourselves of the opportunties that we are given. If we choose the victim route coupled with a healthy dose of social engineering then Chicago is the predictable result.

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I live in the outside reaches of a bustling metropolis of 750. I made sure to live far enough away as to not to be bothered by all the hustle and bustle of that big city. My closest neighbor is 1/2 mile down the road. Just the way I like it. 20 minutes and I can be to the town I work in and has just about everything I need, sans hundreds of thousands of people.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lot to be said for living in an unicorporated township, no way you could get me to live the the city or the suburbs or even a development.

7. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I live on the outer edge of city limits in a pretty quiet neighborhood with no back yard neighbors so isn't too bad. I grew up on a farm six miles from the nearest town so I do understand the draw of living out in the country too.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  8. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The problem is not poverty, poverty is just the end result. The problem is that government brainwashes people into believing that they deserve stuff they don't earn which kills motivation and breeds laziness and entitlement. These drones confuse basic rights with day to day things that anyone can earn if they had a sense of personal responsibility (provided they are physically and mentally able). Redistribution of wealth is THE tool used by government to dangle the goodies in front of the useless.

Sota, I said liberals, not democrats. I consider majority of the republican party to be liberal too. Those cities just happen to be run by democrats, which are inherently more liberal than their republican counterpart (of evil).

9. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  10. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with this 100%. I travel a LOT for work. I work just outside Chicago, have an office in LA, San Franciso, used to live 2 hours north of NYC, used to work in Philly, Baltimore, and DC........I'm not a fan of any large city but Chicago is my favorite by far. The majority of the city is really nice, however the bad parts are definitely really bad. I'm downtown in Chicago probably 1-2 times a week for the past few years and haven't once had any issues. I also don't believe it's a political problem.....there is no way it would be cleaned up if republicans ran the city. The problems are largely in very specific areas and they are cultural in nature, not political.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  12. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  13. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just don't try and gift them to Wisconsin. We don't want them either!

14. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is another great blog.
    Second City Cop

This is the view from a Chicago police officer. Rahm/Mccarthy and the blm/aclu have taken the teeth out of the police force. Mccarthy was thrown under the bus by rahmbo so he's now out.

Politics does play a huge role in Chicago's crime ridden neighborhoods. Those neighborhoods are labeled the 'Democratic Plantation ' by dems. They give those folks who live there just enough to get by (but not what they need to get out or really better their situations) in return, they get votes.

15. StringPuller#1

StringPuller#1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm always so amazed about people of little significance, except maybe to your own family, have such know it all answers to some social issue and are quick to rattle it off on some forum. Everyone is a damn expert what should be done. If you're so so sharp and on point and know so much about people and the world, then why are you sitting on some forum of a hunting website even talking about it from the comfort of your safe little bubble you live in.
    Most of you who weighed in on this post don't even LIVE in Chicago.
    I came on here looking for bowhunting topics and you made me waste my time pointing out how stupid you all sound.
    If you really want to see change in the world go out and do something, don't just type on a forum to make yourself feel better trying to be all knowledgeable to a bunch of other people who haven't got a clue either.

16. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    And all God's children say it....

17. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    And X 2. Let all God's children say it. ..

18. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dear Butthurt Bob,
    First off, no one "forced" you to read and reply. Second, this thread is in the watercooler section, a section that's meant for non-hunting related discussion and gossip. Third, one doesn't need to "live in Chicago" to see the utter mess that's known as Chicago. Fourth, Mr. Pot...meet Mr. Kettle

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What would you suggest be done to improve the current situation?

20. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    IMHO, string puller should not offer any suggestions because he doesn't live there!