hunting corporations blah

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by huntalivesh23, Jan 20, 2016.

1. huntalivesh23

huntalivesh23 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Is it just me, or is every company I used to trust just some affiliate of a bigger corporation. I used to love bloodsport arrows, but after checking out their new website after the sellout, I just don't want anything to do with them. I love my lone wolfs, and as long as they don't cheap out i always will, but I had a couple of the old muddy stands and really liked them. They also have been bought out and resemble big game stands, but both are owned by some large corporation. Maybe I'm just realizing this now, but I thought I was supporting new up and coming companies with quality products before and now, even their "about us" segment swears to utmost quality, I really see their quality being just mass produced junk that can be bought at wal mart . sorry for the rant, but its just irritating

2. StringPuller#1

StringPuller#1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's called fascism, corporate takeover of everything, it's our world, not just hunting......it's actually scary stuff. Pull on that thread and see what unravels :(

3. jackflap

jackflap Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

Like it or not, it's called free enterprise. A start up company develops, markets and sells a successful product or line of products. A bigger company offers them a large price to acquire their business so they sell. Nothing new and certainly not fascism.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  4. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like to support the small up and coming companies that have a neat little niche in the business. It does suck when someone bigger buys them, tweaks/cheapens things up, then raises the price to make a bigger profit.
    I just look for another good product to use.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Deer hunters are a funny lot, many dream of making their living from the hunting industry yet are so naive about the way it works in the real world.

6. sethallphin

sethallphin Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sota, I am confused as to how your comment contributes to the thread. Time and time again I see you doing nothing but bashing people calling them quiver sniffers and nonsense. It seems like you are real quick to destroy someone's dream. I know there is such a thing as realism but there is a time and a place. You seem to just be a negative Nancy when it comes to the hunting scene regardless.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is the real world, a guy develops a product and gets a patent starts building it up. Many times the guy with the talent to develop doesn't have the ability to effectively market and develop more products at the same time. It is very difficult to make a living and grow a business with a limited product line in the outdoor industry. So a guy with the product in production has some success and builds a following and sales are good but getting to that next level requires more capital and commitment. Then comes an offer that is a good deal and a guy can reap the rewards of his efforts and have security and some more free time to get back to doing what he enjoyed doing before he poured his heart and soul into a product that was going to help him make a living in the hunting industry.

There are two sides to every story, thru experience in business, life and hunting I tend to have seen many times the other side of the story. It may be seem negatve to some but seldom do I just make crap up to be contradictory it is based in the real world and logical expectations.

The guy or company you call a sellout do it because it makes sense to them either $ or security please accept their apologies for looking after themselves.

8. Bryan Jeffrey

Bryan Jeffrey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Fascism isn't the word your looking for, but yea. There isn't many small companies around for anything anymore. It's to hard for people that don't have a lot of backing to start and run a business. Once that money offer comes. Most people take seem to take it.

9. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    He is the devils advocate of the forums... And that is not a bad thing. I believe his posts get people thinking in a different light on certain topics.

Except the Packers...

10. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You sir, have definitely turned over a new leaf.

11. sethallphin

sethallphin Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I can see that and respect it. I know he is one of the senior members on here. Thanks for the clarification.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That is the beauty of being avid fan of a football team, there is no need to be rational about it.:)

13. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Oh he is a senior alright.... citizen,;) likely why he is so grumpy.... member? not so much there are guys on here who have been around since its inception and even earlier from huntingnet.. JS

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not a senior citizen, not yet but I will own gumpy my edges have worn ruff and it is like I have touretts when I see hear or read BS. My filter has worn thin at times but I am trying (somedays more than others)

15. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    You have a way of growing on people... often like a bad toenail fungus but still... ;)

You contribute more than many others whom shall remain nameless...

16. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If sota had his way, nothing new would ever come out and we would all be making our own bows and arrows.

As for corporations - I never knew Muzzy and Rage were under the same umbrella. I find that amusing since the broadhead fights usually involve those two.

17. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Muzzy and Rage !!!,wow never saw that coming.

On second thought it kinda makes sense for a company to have a line of fixed heads and a line of expandables.Back to the thread.

18. Bronson

Bronson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorta is a Packers fan? Is he at least a Buckeyes fan?

19. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    and Nocturnal...

20. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    and Helios...lol