DirtNap DRT broadheads

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Swise660, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Any one have any experience or thoughts on these? They look durable. I am seriously considering these for next season. I think I may buy a test head from them and see how they fly.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  2. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I recently got a test head because I was intrigued. They are amazing. Fly great tune well and are as tough as a brick ****house. I doubt I will actually use them just because they are expensive and I don't need that type of head for deer. I can use Slick Tricks for $4-5 bucks cheaper per head and they do an amazing job as well. But if I for some reason feel I need to move to an even tougher head Dirtnap is where I would go.

3. roadrunner

roadrunner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tried a test head myself and was impressed. I just might get me some to use on elk this year.

4. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great to hear these things. I am stuck between the Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts and these. I have heard a few people say the Buzzcuts bend easy but I personally don't know.

5. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shot one DRT head at one deer. 20 yards away. Got poor penetration in a spot that should have passed through both lungs with no problem. I watched my buck run off with an arrow sticking out his side and failed to recover him. I'm pretty sure I bumped him so the recovery part isn't completly the fault of the broadhead. I should have waited longer due to the poor penetration.

I'm really not point a finger at the DRT alone because they seem to be well built and good flying heads. It was just one part of the puzzle that made an ugly picture.

In contrast, after that experience, I switched to a slightly lighter arrow and a low profile head with much better results.

6. SCFox

SCFox Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a couple packs of DRT's to test. Four of the six had a wobble to them. That's as far as I got. No reason to switch from my Buzzcuts.

SCFox

7. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Check out the newer Black Hornets....

8. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Another thing that had attracted me to the DRT's is their guarantee that if you broke or bent them (not sure if the wobble described above would be included), they would replace them if you sent in your damaged ones.

Still pretty torn between them but I have been leaning towards the Magnus for a while and I like those black hornets too!

9. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I used them this year and killed 4 deer with them. No problems with penetration as previously mentioned. Good blood trails. I used a heavy arrow for better penetration

10. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wasp makes some great broadheads. Many people love the drone but they have a COC head called the sharpshooter for $30 that would recommend for you.

11. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The Drone is the best head I've used in my limited experience.

Anything from Wasp is top notch.

12. Talon_Ab77

Talon_Ab77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would not recommend getting Magnus stingers, the are good broad heads but break and bend easily and in my opinion are not great for tougher animals. I moved to DRT Dirtnap broad heads, and they seem much stronger and a better built broad head.