Gold Tip Kinetic Pierce

Discussion in 'New Arrows & New Broadheads' started by Fitz, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Gold Tip Kinetic Pierce

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    These are nice shafts if I could get past the halfouts

3. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm very intrigued by these myself. My shop had a couple sample shafts they got from the ATA and they are quite impressive. The halfout on them comes with a ballistic coller that slides of it and about 3/4" of the shaft. Seemed like a very strong setup. Plus the coller adds 44gr to the business end to help FOC. I may be buying a couple when they get more in to test out.

I believe Firenock is also making an outsert system for these they you may like better.

4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No way. I am totally done with any type of halfout or outserts.
    I have literally tried almost all of them, and for sure I have tried all the materials offered. Steel and aluminum. I have found that with any type of consistent use lateral force ends up putting a wobble in them. I have spent a small fortune trying to make them work with small diameter shafts.
    I am finished. I no longer will use deep 6 either because of the skinny ferrules.

I have although come to a compromise and solution.

Now I only will use .204 Id shafts with standard HITS and flanged VPA collar. Or use a .224 shaft with a steel insert.
    These are thin enough to do whatever I need and I forgo the hassles of outserts.

5. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've been back and forth on switching to a small diameter shaft, but for the life of me, I can't see any real benefits. In fact many engineering types are also saying that on animals, there isn't any. I get the wind drift thing, but I'm a whitetailer and all of my shots are 40 yards or less.