***The Mighty Bucks - Team 14***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by ATbuckhunter, Aug 16, 2015.

1. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am going to try my luck again tomorrow so we will see what happens!

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck!
    I'm just now finishing up beans, hopefully I'll get the last of them tomorrow. I haven't had time or heart this year to put much dedication into hunting. The poor crop year and family health issues has had me in a depressed funk all summer and fall. I'm still hoping to get years end stuff wrapped up and get the bow out a few more times before season ends.

3. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Waterfowl has been the worst up here. Standing outside yesterday in a short sleeve is not the weather I need to get them migrating! I did not get out this morning since I was beat up on by my doctor and the wife had a small procedure done and she is really sore. I stayed home just in case she needed me this morning. I will be out tomorrow morning for sure. My deal is that I have a Radial Tear in my right wrist of a ligament! I have been pushing through the pain for two years now and it is time to get it fixed. Words of advise for you all! When you are backing up a full dresser Harley and you lose footing on gravel and bike starts to fall over. Stop it from hitting ground hard but DONT try to dead lift it by yourself back up like I did. I heard a pop in my wrist and thought I broke it. It was the tearing of my ligament. I told doc I would see him when I am ready to have it fixed since I had to build back up my sick time since I used a bunch on my knee surgery having a cadaver bone put in it. Getting old is rough! LOL I have built back up my time and now my hand is locking up and my pain level is going up also so it is time to get it done. BUT not until my hunting seasons are done. HE HE HE

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  4. ChrisSchwarz

ChrisSchwarz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Going to try for a public land doe if the weather cools down and some snow hopefully. Not looking good so far.

5. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I got out yesterday with my rifle but I decided to pass on a doe on one property and group of doe on another. I did some scouting and found a trail with a few scrapes that were just opened and a number of very heavily used trail. Ill post a pic of a huge crape that I found 30 yards from my tree stand. I heard him making the scrape but my father spooked him as he came down the trail to come talk to me. He was a huge buck but it wasn't a good shot with my rifle. I actually had the cops called on me as well because I took a few shots with the .22. Some guy there has always called the cops on us as soon as he hears a gun go off. Cops came, looked at our I'ds and told us to have a great day and shoot straight. I tried to convince one of them to take a few shots himself but he said he had another call to go on.

6. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Speaking of .22's what scopes would you suggest for a Marlin XT .22 mag? Id like to keep the price with in $150 but ill defiantly look at those pushing around $200. I originally thought I was going to stick with just iron sights with this but I want to get a scope for it now.

7. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Multiple sits in the last week to no avail. Weather has been way too warm to push them into the bottoms. Systems coming through this week and big ones possibly next week so hopefully can get it done. What a frustrating fall hunting wise.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

8. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I'd go with a single pin. :lol:

9. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, my entire year has sucked. I have to take care of some year end stuff this week before Christmas gets here so I doubt I'll get out any this week. Been wanting to go down to the marshes and lay out some geese and ducks, was going to do it this weekend but it's been raining like a mother here.

10. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    That's why I can't complain too much because harvest was great but man I didn't even get out goose hunting and deer hunting was below average for me; all mainly due to weather.

11. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah man, don't get too bummed about a lack of hunting or hunting success when you have had a great crop year. This farming stuff is freaking rough when it's bad it can be really bad.

12. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    You've got that right.

13. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing again last night.

Not going to lie, seeing the shed hunting contest signup up, I'm getting pretty pumped for that. Especially until the weather cools down so the deer move back into the bottoms and so we actually have some ice fishing ice.

14. airenlow

airenlow Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got another old friend on cam recently. He showed up for one night last Nov. 16th and bred a doe in front of this same trail cam. This year, he was a day later and hung out an extra day. Meet Ronny J...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice shots airen! Not many people have pictures like that.

16. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I will be out in the morning and going to do a memory card flop also. Hope it is a good day.

17. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I can't get away from business long enough to go hunting. I'm the crappiest team member you guys could have had this year...I'm so sorry. Still hoping to get out again this season but I have stuff going on that just can't wait. Looking at a new business venture in ag and have a possible key opportunity that's just too potentially important to slack off of it.

18. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    This contest should be your last priority in my opinion.

19. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed, I wouldn't worry about the contest when it gets in the way of real life.

On another note, I got some pretty bad news today. The owner of my main hunting spot died of lung cancer today, he found out he had it a month ago. I texted him this morning to let him know that I'd be willing to help out however I could, but never got a reply. He passed this afternoon. I don't know what his wife's plans are with the property and house, I'm hoping she doesn't want to sell it. I couldn't even afford the fence surrounding the property, let alone the $1,000,000+ property and house.

I have killed 924" of antler out there in the last 6 years, so I don't know what I will do if I can't hunt there anymore.

20. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Damn, that sucks, sorry to hear the news. I hope it turns out okay for everyone involved. That's the really bad thing about being dependent on others for stuff. I rent far more crop ground than I own, I never have much of a sense of security in my occupation, just never know when something may happen that totally turns everything upside down.