***Official Team 12 Thread***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by Spear, Aug 16, 2015.

1. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Called the Orthopedic surgeon's office on Friday. This shoulder is killing me. It hurts like h*'ll to try and draw my bow. The doctor I'm seeing is a D.O. and does sports medicine and physical therapy. Hopefully something like that will work and I won't need surgery. Late archery season runs through Dec. 22. Praying that I can get out and close the deal on a deer!

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  2. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hate to hear that Jerry. Hope the Doc can get you rolling. Might have to hunt down a Cross Bow to tag something this year. Don't want that wife of yours kicking you out of the house.

3. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Two bucks I've hunted got shot this year and went over 190 inches
    191" uploadfromtaptalk1448417860415.jpg
    193" uploadfromtaptalk1448417884013.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

4. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hello Team... Good News / Bad News about my shoulder. :throw:
    Good News = It looks like I more than likely don't have a rotator cuff tear. Bad News = Dr. thinks it's probably arthritis and degenerative bone disease due to sport injuries and old age. We'll know for sure after some x-rays and an MRI. IF it is what he thinks it is... we're looking at shoulder replacement surgery somewhere down the line. Shots, meds, therapy, etc... first though with surgery as a last resort. I took my bow to my Amish buddy's farm and gave it to him for his boy(s) to use. Crossbow anyone?

I hated to post this... and feel bad for letting the team down! I can't even draw 42#'s... that's sad!
    Take care of your body boys... seems they actually do wear out over time.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  5. Jeepwillys

Dislikes Received:
    Jerry, Thats tough to hear. You are in no way letting us down. Sorry to hear about your shoulder but its admirable that you've passed on your bow and hopefully your passion for the sport. There's no shame in a crossbow if it enables you to be out there enjoying the woods. Brother I wish you the best and please continue to share your wisdom and passion for the hunt on here.

6. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't been around much lately since I've been in the woods. Last night at last light I had a doe at 5 yards quartering away in a shooting lane and although I knew that dang little tree was there I couldn't see it through my peep so I thought I was clear. Wrong! My broadhead clipped the tree and deflected. DANG IT! Luckily the doe went untouched and my arrow wasn't damaged. So I cleaned off the dirt, checked for straightness, resharpened the broadhead and put it back in the quiver. Sorry to hear about your shoulder Jerry, maybe borrow a crossbow, that'd be well worth it to at least get back in the woods. You are by no means letting us down, health and well-being takes precedence.

Let's see what December brings us. Time to bundle up and wait for the cold fronts and hunt the food in the afternoon. Good luck out there!

7. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Jerry,
    You are not letting anybody down. You take of yourself and get that fixed so you can start flinging bolts or arrows. Doesn't matter which one as long as you are happy.

8. copperhead

Dislikes Received:

Doug,
    Hang in there brother. We still have plenty of time left. This year has been challenging to say the least but it aint over yet. Good luck and be safe while you out there.

9. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a ton of Amish buddies... and one of them has offered me the use of his crossbow. I think I'm going to take him up on his offer to see if I can get a deer this season. I'll just get one of those pole-type things with a "V" in them to steady it.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  10. Jeepwillys

Dislikes Received:
    Any updates fellas. And gals.

11. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    None from me. The hunting has been horrible for me this year. They have no need to move during the day with these temps and the rut was short lived. All I can do is hope for some late season action at this point.

12. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing for me just been staring at the lakes waiting for ice. I still plan on taking a doe in the next two weeks when I get my days off for the holidays, shouldn't be to hard my dad is seeing does like crazy from the house. Sent in for a bear tag for next year and shouldn't have any reason not to draw a harvest permit as I had 10 pref points so Im pretty excited for that.

13. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Hang in there Doug. Something will come together.

14. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck CJ

15. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Have not had a chance to get out but hoping to during Christmas break. I checked the cameras in NC and found this guy.

[​IMG]

He only showed up at night and is the only shooter to surface this year. If he lives to see next season he will be a stud.

16. Jeepwillys

Dislikes Received:
    Great Buck Copper. Theres still a chance Doug. Good cold spell pushing through. Good things come to those that wait.

17. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Season was officially over for me the 2nd. Now time to start check cams again for survivors.

18. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I haven't been the best of team leaders after the rut ended...oops. This season has continued to be a complete dud and I've stopped hunting. I haven't even turned on the hunting channel or watched an episode of BHOD since early December, the sight of deer and hunting in general is just a turn off. I've never been this disgusted before. I know it will go away and I'll get back into things come Spring but this bad streak I'm on (4 years now) is killing me. For anyone who has any season left, this is the last weekend coming up, good luck fellas.

19. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Doug,
    You have been great man. I'm sorry you have been in a slump but looking at BHOD so was Justin for awhile and this year he had a banner year. Its been great being on a team with you and I really hope spring refuels the love of bowhunting for you. I just watched the video on your website and the end of it this is why you bowhunt made me smile. How did the rest of the Nine Acre Archery team fair this year?

Keep in touch and I hope to see you turn things around this year. Keep the faith brother it will all come together. :tu:

20. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Ladies/Gentlemen,
    Just wanted to say it has been a pleasure being on the team with you all this past season and I hope we can do it agin this year. If you are still hunting good luck and be safe. I hope to see you all around the forum. Until then take care.